Site quieter?

CaledonianGonzo

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

maybe they need to sell fewer tickets.

Or, maybe they should stop giving loads away to z list celebs and influencers…

You cant move on Instagram for so called celebs who rock up on Friday with their entourage and you know they’ve been given all of those tickets…

Half the reason I prefer Wednesday and Thursday personally. Far better crowd those days. 

15 minutes ago, Gashead86 said:

Or, maybe they should stop giving loads away to z list celebs and influencers…

You cant move on Instagram for so called celebs who rock up on Friday with their entourage and you know they’ve been given all of those tickets…

Half the reason I prefer Wednesday and Thursday personally. Far better crowd those days. 

Hit up the Mails sidebar of shame just to see how many there are, the Sun reporting news we all needed to hear that 'Cruz Beckham presented his new girlfriend to the world at Glastonbury'.

Genuinely really annoys me. 

These people are taking tickets from people who are far more deserving of them and can’t get them. 

It’s a complete waste of a ticket. They rock up on a Friday, stay off site and just don’t generally get it. 

Feels like it’s against everything the festival should be about.

• Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, Looother said:

I was super excited by the West Holts lineup, and enjoyed Sofia Kourtesis at the start of Friday, but really it's a horrible area, flat and (particularly because of the sea of woodchip) ugly, with human motorways on two sides and a large catering operation along both lengths. It means when not full the music feels like a sideshow (the Skatelites were just a soundtrack to lunch for most of the people there today), and when full it provides a pretty rubbish experience. I bailed on Sugababes yesterday because the place was mental and I hadn't arrived early enough to avoid the madhouse around the edges, and had another go for Jungle with moderate success. I just think a big stage needs to be sloping a bit to assist sightlines - the Park is a much better stage whether quiet or packed.

I don't remember ever feeling like this at West Holts. It's great! Perhaps not when it's rammed to bursting, but for a mid-busy or even emptyish gig it feels great - like it's own mini festival 

13 minutes ago, Gashead86 said:

Surely only reason for the change is Emily having more of an eye on the commercial appeal than her dad? 

As you, feels like half the people on-site now have hospitality! 
It’s not right and not what the festival should be about. 

Totally agree.  You look at the hospitality websites.  Loads of them and it’s ridiculous!!!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, panasonic2011 said:

I assure you there will be a crush or something similar happening v soon.  Too many people, stewards either clueless or powerless.  That will be the end of it!!!!

Yep, only my second year but it's getting dodgy as.

I'll go to less overall amazing festivals but I can see bands and moving around without fear of crushing.

Just now, Gashead86 said:

Have a bad feeling about kasabian later. 

It was so close to disaster at killers in 2017 and the site is clearly more populated now than it was then. 

It was mental for Rick Ashley and Blossoms last year.  I’ve heard there is less open field this year so god knows what it’s gunna be like.

52 minutes ago, Gashead86 said:

Genuinely really annoys me. 

These people are taking tickets from people who are far more deserving of them and can’t get them. 

It’s a complete waste of a ticket. They rock up on a Friday, stay off site and just don’t generally get it. 

Feels like it’s against everything the festival should be about.

Testify

1 minute ago, Jacko45 said:

Yep, only my second year but it's getting dodgy as.

I'll go to less overall amazing festivals but I can see bands and moving around without fear of crushing.

It’s a double edged sword.  Lovely weather means punters don’t want to go mooching about.  

1 hour ago, Looother said:

I was super excited by the West Holts lineup, and enjoyed Sofia Kourtesis at the start of Friday, but really it's a horrible area, flat and (particularly because of the sea of woodchip) ugly, with human motorways on two sides and a large catering operation along both lengths. It means when not full the music feels like a sideshow (the Skatelites were just a soundtrack to lunch for most of the people there today), and when full it provides a pretty rubbish experience. I bailed on Sugababes yesterday because the place was mental and I hadn't arrived early enough to avoid the madhouse around the edges, and had another go for Jungle with moderate success. I just think a big stage needs to be sloping a bit to assist sightlines - the Park is a much better stage whether quiet or packed.

I find there’s a middle ground to WH. Like every stage, when it’s rammed to capacity it’s uncomfortable, and given the bar and food vendors surrounding it, the soundtrack factor is real. But when there’s a decent number of people towards the front and it fills up as the sound attracts passing folk, it’s great.

Danny Brown yesterday was the perfect example. Bags of space, but a very keen crowd that built steadily, everyone loving it. 

1 minute ago, al_coholic said:

Fat White Family have just enjoyed a very large crowd at Woodsies. Tent is already full before the people leaving Keane rock up. 

Yea and Michael Kiwanuka (although great) is no competition to drag people away from it.

The Killers in 2017 were against Chic, Haim and Shaggy.

All feel like bigger names than Bloc Party, MC and Nitin Sawhney...