Site quieter?

CaledonianGonzo

6 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Have them confirm later, or put them up against an act that is big enough to draw the crowd away.

i think the only solution would be against the Sunday legend. 2 years ago I went for Jack White in The Park. So I got to Caroline Polacheks set and it was a graveyard. Started to slowly fill up but everyone and their mother was at Diana Ross. So by the time Diana had finished it was almost time for Jack. No way was the crowd going to be packed to the gills when he even hit the stage because of the distances.

i think putting these sets at Woodsies is the problem due to being a short walk to Pyramid. Youre inviting a ramming.

in 17 I went 2 acts BEFORE The Killers just to be safe. Even in 22 with George Ezra I actually went to see the first couple acts on the stage and then left cause no way in hell was I gonna stay there. And then the festival tweeted out who it was official even though it had leaked that morning and everyone caught word.

so either put it in The Park with a big Pyramid Draw or put em on the Pyramid at 5pm so theres room. Foos went off well last year like that. Such bad scheduling this year 

Edited by Suprefan
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

Feels like 1 in 3 wristbands is crew / staff this year.

Listened to GlastoCast pod recently and the girl that does that gets a free ticket because her boyfriend works the rigging at Greenpeace. Cut that freebie across site and it’ll help immensely. The festival might have to pay out a bit more cash to staff but therein lies the problem I suppose.

1 minute ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Listened to GlastoCast pod recently and the girl that does that gets a free ticket because her boyfriend works the rigging at Greenpeace. Cut that freebie across site and it’ll help immensely. The festival might have to pay out a bit more cash to staff but therein lies the problem I suppose.

i think this shows how theyre doing financially more than anything. The festival is trying to get as much free/cheap labor and "paying" with a festival wristband. But now its getting out of control. Have paid staff/crew and leave it alone. If they have to explain why the price goes up £25 for 2025 and its because of this I will gladly accept that reasoning. 

15 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I saw this coming a few years ago. There's basically two festivals now - one crew / staff, the other punters. Even the number of crew / staff bars is close to mirroring customers, and the land absorbed by them is increasing. Many have their own line ups, art and everything. Fine if you're genuine staff / crew, but not wags FFS.

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

There really isnt more "room" to expand anything is there? I mean since the glamping outside the fence isnt going to suddenly disappear and get replaced with free festival camping. Theyre kinda f**ked now?

This is what worries me. What’s the answer? 

There are already a million odd people trying to get 200,000 tickets, the whole ticketing process is heartbreaking for those who don’t get any, I don’t see them suddenly drastically reducing the amount of tickets they give away to the influencers, they are all already using all the land available to them and even if they did find more space for camping, that just makes overcrowding in the site itself worse!
So where does this end? I really hope it doesn’t end in disaster. But I could see it. 
A crowd crush would be the end of the festival. 

I've been going since 2004, although haven't been since 2022. 

In 2022 it felt very noticeably different, the queues for *every* food place were insane. It took f**king ages to get anywhere, seeing anything on the Thursday was a seemingly impossible task. It was a constant pain in the arse to be honest. 

It never used to be like that.

3 minutes ago, Gashead86 said:

This is what worries me. What’s the answer? 

There are already a million odd people trying to get 200,000 tickets, the whole ticketing process is heartbreaking for those who don’t get any, I don’t see them suddenly drastically reducing the amount of tickets they give away to the influencers, they are all already using all the land available to them and even if they did find more space for camping, that just makes overcrowding in the site itself worse!
So where does this end? I really hope it doesn’t end in disaster. But I could see it. 
A crowd crush would be the end of the festival. 

I dont know about the logistics, but could a rejig of the site help? Split out some of the SE corner areas so everyone isnt all going to the same place, it helped moving Arcadia out of the area, maybe something else needs to move, maybe swap some of the stages around, could they make better use of the theatre and circus or cabaret fields?

12 minutes ago, LetsGoToMars said:

In 2022 it felt very noticeably different, the queues for *every* food place were insane. It took f**king ages to get anywhere, seeing anything on the Thursday was a seemingly impossible task. It was a constant pain in the arse to be honest. 

the post covid thing made such an impact on all of us and them. Everyone just had that itch to be back out there and doing stuff. Peoples behaviours have changed a lot. Seems the fest is falling into the clout chasing box for a lot of attendees and then they are inherently ruining things because they dont know any better. Its funny seeing so many celeb shots and all that now when it used to not be such a thing even though plenty of celebs turn up and nobody noticed years ago. Sorry to say but its ending up the thing nobody ever wished it would become.

I would like to see a year when it didnt actually sell out and how everything would be. Its more that youre getting the impossible ticket more than anything which is stupid.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, LetsGoToMars said:

Similar experience here.  We were fairly regular attendees from 2009.   1st post covid experience in 2023,  first time I had to abandon a q in the bar.  Never had to q before never mind give up.

6 hours ago, SighMo said:

Thought Sims was next level; so cool. Getting in and out a different story. 

We saw some or a lot to be honest waiting for Coldplay and thought it was absolutely awful.

3 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

Can't move across site without huge waiting times. Utter shite off to IOW next year. 

Yeah it really has been awful yet some idiots still believe it's not oversold.

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Suprefan said:

I would like to see a year when it didnt actually sell out and how everything would be. Its more that youre getting the impossible ticket more than anything which is stupid.

The way to get a festival that doesnt sell out is have it piss down for 3 days during the featival. A bit of a mudbath. It's nearly 10 years since any serious rain there & Im not convinced some 23 year olds who've never experienced a muddy festival would come back.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The way to get a festival that doesnt sell out is have it piss down for 3 days during the featival. A bit of a mudbath. It's nearly 10 years since any serious rain there & Im not convinced some 23 year olds who've never experienced a muddy festival would come back.

I mean thats part of it because these last few years having had generally good weather. It would just make anyone watching at home be more willing to try for a ticket. Like the sunshine and such is a big attractor.  

Camila cabello was doing an interview and said a couple people told her that the fest was supposed tobe a big mud pit and such. So she was surprised it was nice weather and they "lucked out". Yeah, global warming is really luck of the draw. Would probably say Reading and Leeds needs a biblical rain weekend to make a lot of younger people think twice about going to a fest. Either that or they come stateside for fests instead.

3 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

2017 tickets went like hotcakes