Site quieter?

CaledonianGonzo

1 hour ago, WS_Jack_III said:

It's annoying af, I've had to walk way further than I should to get to my tent. I get it if things are getting out of hand but the field wasn't that busy. Unless they're preemptively doing it for Avril.

Seems like it is. But makes you wonder how they knew Avril would be rammed and they couldve just scheduled it so they dont have to make this decision? Like right now its clear that putting Avril after Shania was the move and Janelle on Other in that slot wouldve been ok. And problem solved.

Scheduling folk this year really took a beating because most of the choices/bookings were totally wrong. I think they have to re think their booking strategy and have flexibility on moving acts around. Cause locking in an artists to a certain slot 8 months early isnt cutting it. 

imagine if they put Chappell Roan ( if they booked her ) at 1pm in Woodsies cause they thought she would be a small act? Area wouldve been closed off by 11am.

Edited by Suprefan
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

imagine if they put Chappell Roan ( if they booked her ) at 1pm in Woodsies cause they thought she would be a small act? Area wouldve been closed off by 11am.

They managed to move Billie in 2019, so they can do it. And should imo

Also Chappell Roan. Make her a headliner in 2025, just do it before she's too big and expensive. 

2 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I said the other day, they need to learn their lesson with nostalgia pop acts. They have to be on at the Pyramid, anywhere else is ridiculous. 

31 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

The Other Stage was actually closed for Avril. I'm not a particularly frustrated person, but if the 2nd stage of the world's biggest festival is closed for capacity reasons, you've got to wonder if someone's ballsed up

For me, avril was absolutely unreal but I was down the front. The person who has to take notice is Emily because she runs the festival booking now but she won't. If she was going to she's been doing it long enough. Some of the booking is awful and had gradually got worse since she took over. No problems with Michael.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kalopsia said:

They managed to move Billie in 2019, so they can do it. And should imo

Also Chappell Roan. Make her a headliner in 2025, just do it before she's too big and expensive. 

No. That would be a stupid thing to do. And I dont think Chappell is turning into some expensive artist. Hasnt even moved to arenas yet. One step at a time.  Remember that Chappell OPENED for Olivia this year on her tour. Gonna say she is more massive? 

9 minutes ago, themuel said:

This can’t be right? Posted by Secret Glasto tonight. Is it a photo from a quieter time of day?

IMG_0297.jpeg

That seems right because its probably right in the middle of setting up for Burna Boy. The crowd shot to start Burna had  More people. Curious to see how Sza looks. The worst of it is coming from the daily fail i bet. "Woke festival has empty stages."

5 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

No. That would be a stupid thing to do. And I dont think Chappell is turning into some expensive artist. Hasnt even moved to arenas yet. One step at a time.  Remember that Chappell OPENED for Olivia this year on her tour. Gonna say she is more massive? 

Oh absolutely not, but I think she's going to blow up during the fallow year and it's whether she still able to be booked from 2027 onwards...

Olivia should absolutely be booked to headline, I do think Chappell could have a higher ceiling than Olivia.

11 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Oh absolutely not, but I think she's going to blow up during the fallow year and it's whether she still able to be booked from 2027 onwards...

Olivia should absolutely be booked to headline, I do think Chappell could have a higher ceiling than Olivia.

We'll see. Chappell over here is just doing that steady rise and shooting up the charts. She can def to number 1 if they released a giant batch of vinyl records are they keep re stocking a few hundred at a time.  She has a nee album coming so lets see how that all shakes out. And needs a small break because chappell has been touring since late last summer and hit up every festival in north america with a few of the big ones left to go. Then the uk europe tour. Olivia is def on a diff level cause her tour is def an underplay. But moving into stadiums is just tricky right now. People assume demand is there but then if some dates dont sell its all going to be seen as failure. And the upsetting thing will be when its £100 for a nosebleed seat and at a festival you could see her for 3 times that and be up close.

i think people finally came around to getting into festivals cause its just f**king cheaper than going to a solo gig. Esp for up and coming acts. Same set for a reduced cost.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

That seems right because its probably right in the middle of setting up for Burna Boy. The crowd shot to start Burna had  More people. Curious to see how Sza looks. The worst of it is coming from the daily fail i bet. "Woke festival has empty stages."

Oh good. I was just feeling awful for them. 

22 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

We'll see. Chappell over here is just doing that steady rise and shooting up the charts. She can def to number 1 if they released a giant batch of vinyl records are they keep re stocking a few hundred at a time.  She has a nee album coming so lets see how that all shakes out. And needs a small break because chappell has been touring since late last summer and hit up every festival in north america with a few of the big ones left to go. Then the uk europe tour. Olivia is def on a diff level cause her tour is def an underplay. But moving into stadiums is just tricky right now. People assume demand is there but then if some dates dont sell its all going to be seen as failure. And the upsetting thing will be when its £100 for a nosebleed seat and at a festival you could see her for 3 times that and be up close.

i think people finally came around to getting into festivals cause its just f**king cheaper than going to a solo gig. Esp for up and coming acts. Same set for a reduced cost.

Festivals are so so good for catching up and coming acts. I agree. Let's see what happens in the future! This year has obviously not been ideal.