Site quieter?

CaledonianGonzo

FBS was dangerous last year, that was I think one of the only times at Glasto (one or two dicey pinch points in south west corner aside) that I genuinely felt like we were quite close to a nasty incident. 

Having said that, from what I can gather they have clamped down on people getting in without tickets this year so that will of course have eased crowd pressure across the whole site. Even so though, scheduling seems to be a bit of a problem. 

36 minutes ago, st dan said:

To be fair, Barry’s debut album only came out at the end of October, which will have made him much more popular. And I’m assuming they’ll have had the majority of acts already pencilled in, so not easy to move due to increased popularity. 

this is the less headachey version of Chappell Roan at every u.s festival post Coachella. And its not easy to move artists either to another stage.

9 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Guarantee that's there due to the walkway staging. Can't see it being a permanent fixture ...unless the walkway becomes permanent..

Spot on. It's just there for Dua. She wasn't allowed to have a runway so they had to improvise and create a path through the pit. The only way to do that was close off the pit entry on the left side. They then had about 20 stewards come in and shove the crowd back and created a path for Dua and the dancers.