Glastonbury 2024 - Home Edition

st dan

Great idea! 

First program I believe is 10pm tonight on bbc 2..? Which is a half hour show with the bbc mob wandering the site taking in the sites and sounds of the first 2 days before the madness starts. 

Looking forward to this one! I have always said that the first two days are my favorite of the whole thing. Something very special about the atmosphere on the Wednesday and Thursday. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gashead86 said:

Great idea! 

First program I believe is 10pm tonight on bbc 2..? Which is a half hour show with the bbc mob wandering the site taking in the sites and sounds of the first 2 days before the madness starts. 

Looking forward to this one! I have always said that the first two days are my favorite of the whole thing. Something very special about the atmosphere on the Wednesday and Thursday. 

Thursday was always my favourite day, just wandering around exploring new areas and farmilliarising yourself with the site again, and getting to see some of the areas of the festival you wont have time to see when the main stages start

20 minutes ago, Wakey321 said:

Love this idea!! 

Will check in tomorrow on this thread!

We've done it for the past couple of years and it's always been a great craic.

For all the talk of sh*t lineup, I've got 28 acts to watch that should be on the i-player - not all of them must sees & some of them clash, but still plenty for me to watch. I did a big shop today for beer, spirits and snacks and I can't wait to be parked on my easy chair all weekend!

Each to their own, but I don't understand people who didn't get tickets trying to pretend it isn't happening - I say embrace it and enjoy the hours of coverage. And of course posting on this forum - join in, trust me - it's good fun. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

We've done it for the past couple of years and it's always been a great craic.

For all the talk of sh*t lineup, I've got 28 acts to watch that should be on the i-player - not all of them must sees & some of them clash, but still plenty for me to watch. I did a big shop today for beer, spirits and snacks and I can't wait to be parked on my easy chair all weekend!

Each to their own, but I don't understand people who didn't get tickets trying to pretend it isn't happening - I say embrace it and enjoy the hours of coverage. And of course posting on this forum - join in, trust me - it's good fun. 

Yep

Similar to lockdown year here.

Delivery of cider bus booze, tent and gazebo in garden. Loads more booze and stuff, make the most of it while watching must see acts.

It’s obviously not the same but make the most of it, get wrecked and have a laugh.

The one bonus is not having the queue for the coach on the Monday, that was ridiculous last year. So many people who obviously hadn’t paid for it and forcing their way on. It wasn’t the best final impression for the weekend.

11 hours ago, st dan said:

For those of us who have missed out this year for whatever reason, creating a thread to discuss all things from this years instalment on the farm! 
(BBC Coverage, who came across good/terrible on TV etc).

Glastohomebury!

wanna see how the free open livestream of Dua and Coldplay goes. Hopefully the site doesnt crash

Edited by Suprefan

1 hour ago, SheffJeff said:

Just seen this on BBC so hopefully all stages start broadcasting a bit earlier this year.

Screenshot_20240628_083207_Firefox.thumb.jpg.16db2da70d7db800d0ddec4c2bf6e081.jpg

I've got a feeling they did this last year, but it was just some berk prattling on about what was coming up and the live streams didn't start until 2pm. I'll tune in anyway just to check. 

Just now, SheffJeff said:

If (fingers crossed) it does start at 12 where's everyone 'going' first?  Think I'm gonna start with a bit of Squeeze on El Pointo.

It looks like it's 'today at Glastonbury', which is a preview show. Then the first live stream is Olivia Dean at 1:15.

Sadly I don't think Squeeze are going to be shown - shame, as I would definitely have watched that.

2 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

It looks like it's 'today at Glastonbury', which is a preview show. Then the first live stream is Olivia Dean at 1:15.

Sadly I don't think Squeeze are going to be shown - shame, as I would definitely have watched that.

Bugger... you're right. Nevermind... will carry on watching the Emily Eavis interview that I somehow missed.