Glastonbury 2024 - Home Edition

st dan

9 minutes ago, Nestacres said:

I love PJ. First saw her at Glasto in 1995 but she's on the wrong stage. Sould have been in the Park 

The field does look very empty, especially on the wide shot now they've opened up the area beyond the road along the back of the field

Edited by prestonmike

1 minute ago, Lizzim said:

Will they ever give back the camping at row mead?

I can understand leaving it clear when theres a big act on the lineup, but i cant really see anyone this year justifying having the extra space, in the past some of the legends and headliners have attracted massive crowds, but there doesnt seem to be anyone who will draw that size of crowd this year

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, st dan said:

The Pyramid is going to be really under populated all weekend. Very poor lineup on there this year (especially in terms of mainstream appeal) and the more popular acts are definitely dotted elsewhere. 

Yep. I love LCD but it was clear as soon as it was announced that was the wrong slot for them. I have ‘the fear’ for them and the acts on the other main stages at that time aren’t even that strong. 

5 hours ago, majormajormajor said:

Why is that? Live production of different cameras etc vs editing after?

Basically staffing numbers and working hours.

If they covered the extra couple hours on a stage, they'd need an extra crew for that stage and presumably they've decided that can't be justified.

When they did show the early Astley slot last year, they had to sacrifice one of the later slots in order to make it work

Loving PJ tonight, but just feels such bad stage choice. Put her on the Other and perform to an appreciative crowd. To be fair she has quite a good crowd, not sure if they know what's happening though. Fearful for LCD which should be absolute highlight this year. Very strange scheduling on the Pyramid today

3 minutes ago, prestonmike said:

Not sure when the full sets are put up, but you can rewind the stage feeds and re-watch earlier sets

3 minutes ago, Glastoboy said:

At the moment on iPlayer you can select the stage you want to see and then rewind back to the actual you want to watch.

Heros thank you! 

8 minutes ago, lazyred said:

Saw her in 2016 on the other stage and that was sparse

I actually fell asleep standing up during that set! No reflection on her, I was just exhausted from trudging through the mud for 5 days. 

Anyway, I went with Dexys in the end & enjoyed it, even if it was a bit weird at times. Could have probably played a couple more classics instead of dicking around!

Will watch PJ back later in the week. 

43 minutes ago, prestonmike said:

I can understand leaving it clear when theres a big act on the lineup, but i cant really see anyone this year justifying having the extra space, in the past some of the legends and headliners have attracted massive crowds, but there doesnt seem to be anyone who will draw that size of crowd this year

Completely agree 

I think it ruins the vibe a bit, just a big empty field. It always looked cool with the tents, fires etc.

Coldplay are the only act pulling a huge crowd I suspect.

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Looks like The Vaccines and Sugababes were both way oversubscribed, just like last year when the Friday afternoon stuff on the Pyramid was middling. Can’t think the council will be too thrilled. 

It was obvious 2 years ago but they seemingly do not learn. And when TLC was on the same slot it was rammed to the gills. Dont know why they didnt wanna give Sugababes some respect and schedule them accordingly. This is festival disasterclass of the finest