Glastonbury 2024 - Home Edition

st dan

17 minutes ago, Semprini said:

So, if you were there now, where would you be and who would you be watching?

I'd like to think Glade for Chris Stussy and then Kolter but so much to choose from! Of course, it's an easy call to make sitting on your sofa...😂

Right now certainly not in Silver Hayes cause they closed off access. Prob checking out the new Dragonfly in Arcadia.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Semprini said:

So, if you were there now, where would you be and who would you be watching?

I'd like to think Glade for Chris Stussy and then Kolter but so much to choose from! Of course, it's an easy call to make sitting on your sofa...😂

Given how drunk I am watching from home I'd probably be back at my tent getting ready for bed! In fact I think I'm ready for my bed at home now. 

See you all tomorrow to do this all again.  Looking at tomorrow's lineup there's not much I really want to see, but I dare say I'll still enjoy it.

• Like 1

ITT:

Music I'm not a huge fan of - this live performance is disappointing and terrible

Music I am a fan of - this live performance is literally the best thing to ever happen on this earth

Which, don't get me wrong, is understandable. Music's an extremely subjective thing. Just amusing to read.
😉

5 minutes ago, rob.a said:

Tour De france France Stage 1

2 x Euro 2024 games

Saturday at Glastonbury 

Now that is a clash of epic proportions 

Its going to be a 2 screen day, tour on the main tv, glasto on the laptop until the tour ends, then glasto on tv and football on the laptop, i wont be able to stray too far from the sofa today

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

ITT:

Music I'm not a huge fan of - this live performance is disappointing and terrible

Music I am a fan of - this live performance is literally the best thing to ever happen on this earth

Which, don't get me wrong, is understandable. Music's an extremely subjective thing. Just amusing to read.
😉

Also watching it live can be a very different experience than watching it on TV.  I've seen many comments saying xx act/band sounded bad on TV, and I have been there and thought it sounded great.  Maybe some of that is being in the moment without distraction?

Damn I am missing being there this year 

Just doing some catching up as had no time yesterday.

I'm glad to see in the Dua Lipa thread that her set clearly translated well in the actual crowd, because it felt quite flat on the TV coverage - and I say that as someone who played Future Nostalgia to death in 2020.

Idles set looked f**king amazing. I definitely wouldn't have been there (would have been torn between Dua or Fontaines) but really brilliant to watch even on TV.

Watching Fontaines now. Just love them. If I had decided against them were I there I'd have been pissed off at myself. I like to think I would have been at The Park. Still, will make do with watching the set hungover, on my comfy sofa, with a cup of tea.

Ooof, I feel rough as a badgers arse this morning. Might have to restrict my drinking today!

Only one must-see for me today - Lankum - but a few I'll probably watch. Soccer Mommy, Bloc Party, Black Pumas, Yard Act, Breeders & Sleaford Mods. No headliner though, so I'll probably watch Fontaines DC after my Internet crashed last night. 

How's everyone actually watching as the day progresses? 

Like last year I find I am much more likely to be hopping around iPlayer stage streams (and rewinding them to catch bits I missed) than I am to be watching the BBC2 / 4 "live" coverage. I kind of used to like the live coverage because there were the random "walking around the non-stage areas and soaking up the vibe" parts, but I find now the "banter" and the fact they show almost everything on some sort of delay (versus the capability to actually watch something unfold in realtime on iPlayer) just frustrates me. 

As the individual sets start to appear from today then I am going to go back and revisit the ones I missed and "fill in the gaps" when there are stretches of lineup that don't appeal (like this afternoon)

In summary: long live iPlayer, may the broadband never falter. 

8 minutes ago, scmusic said:

How's everyone actually watching as the day progresses? 

Like last year I find I am much more likely to be hopping around iPlayer stage streams (and rewinding them to catch bits I missed) than I am to be watching the BBC2 / 4 "live" coverage. I kind of used to like the live coverage because there were the random "walking around the non-stage areas and soaking up the vibe" parts, but I find now the "banter" and the fact they show almost everything on some sort of delay (versus the capability to actually watch something unfold in realtime on iPlayer) just frustrates me. 

As the individual sets start to appear from today then I am going to go back and revisit the ones I missed and "fill in the gaps" when there are stretches of lineup that don't appeal (like this afternoon)

In summary: long live iPlayer, may the broadband never falter. 

I do it exactly the same as you, watch the streams for each stage, fill the gaps by rewinding streams for artists I've missed or by watching the uploaded sets