Glastonbury 2024 - Home Edition

st dan

3 hours ago, Meerkat said:

Not going to get any cool points for this but Keane are sounding decent!

They were bloody brilliant, I was torn between them and LDP and glad I chose Keane they smashed it.

Keane always do a good gig, they sound the same as they did 20 years ago, cracking voice, fair play to them and fair play to him especially overcoming all the issues he's faced over the years. They always seem to be a guilty pleasure for a lot of folk, not sure why, they deserve. A lot more credit. A suppose it's a bit like Coldplay 

They have loads of catchy crowd friendly tunes, lots of hits in there

Edited by dingbat2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

I really like Little Simz on record but I always feel like her live sets lack something I can’t put my finger on.

Saying that, I’ve only watched her on tv

I take this back, actually really enjoying this.

I can kinda see her being a potential headliner is she puts out another critically acclaimed album. 

20 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

I really like Little Simz on record but I always feel like her live sets lack something I can’t put my finger on.

Saying that, I’ve only watched her on tv

She was my headliner of choice on the Friday in 2022. I think we lasted about 5 songs. Some of her music is utterly compelling, but I guess it wasn't what we were after on the night 

26 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

I always thought Serge and Tom complimented each other,  much better with both of them in the band, not that it will ever happen again unfortunately.

It sounds between the lines as though their relationship was splintering in its final few years and that Tom not telling the rest of the band he was about to get punished for this, which was revealed to be the case at the time, just confirmed the relationship was over. 

There seem to be so many people okay with wanting him back though, which given what he had done, I don't know how you can call for that.

3 hours ago, mouserat said:

We queued for half an hour and barely moved, feels like they are very slow in getting people through.

Which could be a deliberately meta statement but it ain't half annoying.

Given how bad the post-Brexit airport queue was at Valencia Airport where it took me an hour to clear passport control, I can see there being a degree of meta commentary.

1 hour ago, majormajormajor said:

Is it just me or is there a lot more choreographed chart pop at the festival these days?

Rock isn't charting as well as it used to.

Unless maybe a group of us could club together and write some festival indie anthems straight outta 2007?

1 minute ago, charlierc said:

It sounds between the lines as though their relationship was splintering in its final few years and that Tom not telling the rest of the band he was about to get punished for this, which was revealed to be the case at the time, just confirmed the relationship was over. 

There seem to be so many people okay with wanting him back though, which given what he had done, I don't know how you can call for that.

I don't know the facts about what actually happened, but Toms doing alright on his own despite what he did, strange one that he still has so much support

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I saw him at a festival here in Doncaster last year and he had a tee on that said sh*t HAPPENS and halfway through the set said ‘My wife’s at the side of stage, sh*t happens, right babe?’ Most people around me were like ERRMMMMM

That's... an interesting comment.

Also, not exactly a great one.

21 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Cannonball by The Breeders - probably my song of the weekend so far - absolutely f**king incredible!

OMFG, it's already been beaten - they've only gone and done 'Gigantic'!!!! I hoped it would happen but I never thought for a second it would!

Forget Shania & Lauper - Kim Deal is the true legend this weekend!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Can't wait for Orbital, i wasn't sure if it would work not being in the dark or in a tent, but LCD calmed my fears last night. Interesting gig this, can't wait to see how it goes outdoors and at sunset (although sun will be going down behind the stage)

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

My mind is properly blown that Little Simz’s guitarist is Jack Penãte! Yes, that Jack Panãte, of late 00s era indie, Second Minute or Hour and Torn on the Platform fame Jack Penãte! 

Wait… WHAT?