Glastonbury 2024 - Home Edition

st dan

3 minutes ago, El Matador said:

At the risk of sounding like a Glastonbury hipster, if I'd got a ticket this year I doubt I would have watched a single thing on the pyramid stage all weekend. 

Paul Heaton and LCD Soundsystem the only two I'd have been at 100%.

It's actually not always a bad thing though avoiding the pyramid though. I try and limit it to 1 or 2 a day max. 

2 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

Paul Heaton and LCD Soundsystem the only two I'd have been at 100%.

It's actually not always a bad thing though avoiding the pyramid though. I try and limit it to 1 or 2 a day max. 

Before finding out my shifts they would be the same two for me, although as it happens I'd have been when working while they were on if I had gone. 

And probably would've ended up at Coldplay by default as most of my mates went and there was no one to really drag me away.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DTichborne said:

True story: Bob Vylan said that Slaves (as was) were their favourite band but told them they couldn't wear their shirts, and that's why they changed their name. 

Yeah I was at Rock City last year when they said something about that, can't remember why it came up during the show though haha

Mdou Moctar should be worth a look now. A Tinariwen vibe but more Guitar licks. Park Stage. 

To follow on from my comments yesterday, I still haven't watched more than 10 minutes of the BBC TV coverage with presenters (versus my preferred method of flitting around stages on iPlayer) - am I missing anything? I've recorded all the BBC2/4 programmes to my Sky box but I am not sure I believe that I will go back and watch them once the fest is over....

1 minute ago, Benjsh said:

James are the quintessential 'just play the hits' type of band for me. Always found their album stuff a bit bland tbh but it can't be denied they have some bangers in their back catalogue. 

Completely agree, a greatest hits set would be up there as the highlight of any festival, but too often they play album tracks that unless you're a big fan of the band, you wont know, i've always said festivals are for playing the greatest hits, not your usual tour set

• Like 1