Glastonbury 2024 - Home Edition

st dan

Lionel smashed the legends slot, he was blown away by Glasto and produced an absolutely cracking set from start to finish which the Sunday crowd (and security) were so up for, it also came across brilliantly on the telly. Can't see how that will ever be beaten as a legend slot. Dolly had the biggest crowd though

4 hours ago, st dan said:

Very jealous of those there for The National tonight. Thinking it could be one of those ‘I was there’ moments. They’re in fine live form at present (I would say their best ever), and this is just the perfect slot for them. 
I’ll have to wait until Castlefield Bowl on Thursday for my fix. 

I must admit that's how the QOTSA set felt last year. Josh was on fire that night and there's something about Sunday nights at the Other Stage..

LCD, Pet Shop Boys in recent years have all be amazing. 

2 hours ago, scmusic said:

Mdou Moctar should be worth a look now. A Tinariwen vibe but more Guitar licks. Park Stage. 

To follow on from my comments yesterday, I still haven't watched more than 10 minutes of the BBC TV coverage with presenters (versus my preferred method of flitting around stages on iPlayer) - am I missing anything? I've recorded all the BBC2/4 programmes to my Sky box but I am not sure I believe that I will go back and watch them once the fest is over....

desert rock is some of the best. If you wanna find some newer acts that are in this vein then Arc De Soleil and Glass Beams are ones to give a shot. And Hermanos Guitierrez for some very very chill guitar stuff.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

They just wanted to hear one song. I mean is it like ELO? 

just waking up, time to rewind and check some stuff out.

And really bummed Heilung didnt get put on iplayer or even any clips. 

Surprised they haven't put up at least a song by them, the sort of artist that shows the real variety you can get from Glastonbury

30 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Shania’s finally got the crowd going. And it’s her last song

Weird to hear talk of sound issues because here in the field it was great. Night and day with Cyndi Lauper and crowd were loving it even right at the back where we were. Loads of line dancing!

13 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Glorious indie-pop from Alvvays! Genuinely don't understand why they're not huge. 

Given up watching the football and put Alvvays on, never heard of them before but enjoying them more than the football (i know, thats feint praise!)

Edited by prestonmike

6 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Maybe ‘chart hits’ was the wrong way of phrasing it then. Every Pyramid headliner this century - including Kendrick - has had at least two or three recognisable bangers that have decidedly crossed over into the mainstream. Until SZA. And Simz would be the same. Not an issue, just a slight change in booking policy. 

She got 5 uk top 10's somehow so her music is being listened to in some capacity in the uk. Obviously depends on the station. Kill Bill was a pretty popular song. And maybe the best way to gauge reaction is how the Hyde gig went yesterday. Close to a sell out it seems so its not like people dont know who she is. And she had to be popular enough to even get booked for BST. The funny thing is people have been screaming for Lana to get a headline slot cause she is similar with that. But Im sure after last year thats gone. Wonder what that reaction wouldve been to 90 mins of sleepy music on the Pyramid. Like Dua was seemingly sh*t but Lana would be an end all be all? Yeah right. And it all falls on the audience to know an artists music. Its very clear the average glasto punter does  zero research and just follows what one mate who got into a playlist picked out. The iq isnt the best so you dont see anyone willing ti give certain acts chances or even think they deserve headlining and everything