Glastonbury 2024 - Home Edition

st dan

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Gaga - 100% yes.

Beyonce - Tbh, I didnt count her cos she's done it, but yes.

Paramore?! - I didnt know they were a thing still. 

Rihanna - think she's not into it

Miley Cyrus - She was mega in 2019. I'd like that.

O-Rod - Probably on next album in a few years time.

Raye - Maybe a sub slot first and see how she does.

Florence - Is she on the way up or down? Seems more like an Other Headliner now.

Adele - Probably a one-and-done.

3 minutes ago, FrogLobster said:

Still mental to think the last time she played Glasto was BEFORE she released The Fame Monster. 15 years ago! Did she aggro the Eavii or something? 😄

She was basically headline or nothing from the second album onwards, they must just have never found room for her at the top of the bill. They filmed a scene from A Star Is Born on the Pyramid so there definitely can’t be any bad blood ! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FrogLobster said:

O-Rod - Probably on next album in a few years time.

Raye - Maybe a sub slot first and see how she does.

Florence - Is she on the way up or down? Seems more like an Other Headliner now.

Adele - Probably a one-and-done.

Florence’s moment has definitely passed, sadly. 

3 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

She was basically headline or nothing from the second album onwards, they must just have never found room for her at the top of the bill. They filmed a scene from A Star Is Born on the Pyramid so there definitely can’t be any bad blood ! 

Scenes when she brings out Bradley Cooper for Shallow as first song in the encore.

Edited by FrogLobster

I think people are getting very charitable in their suggestions for the headline slot.

I'm thinking the likes of a  Madonna, Springsteen, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Depeche Mode. The Weeknd, 1975 at a push.

Seen little Simz and Olivia Rodrigo suggested so far.  Come on folks….

I think Spotify has a lot to answer for!

2 minutes ago, berylbigsis said:

I don't care who headlines - I very rarely watch headliners when I'm there. 

Some of the best stuff I've seen at Glasto has been on the small stages, bandstands, etc.

Just hope I can get a ticket for next year......

Oh I fully agree.

I only saw Elton as a headliner last year & before McCartney I went about 6 festivals without seeing a Pyramid headliner.

I do think though - it's good to see 1 & its good for the festival if they are strong.

5 minutes ago, LondonTom said:

Wasn't even the most visually stunning set of the weekend. (Maybe even day, with Burna Boy on before)

There has been some awful hyperbole abuse in this thread the last few days.

Dua Lipa the best headliner in 17 years and SZA the most visually stunning set of the weekend to name two of the wackiest hot takes.

Justice are literally playing at the same time….it’s an epileptic fit set to music.

I was at SZA at primavera and cannot remember one bit of the so called stunning set bar her waving a sword around for kill bill.

7 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

I think people are getting very charitable in their suggestions for the headline slot.

I'm thinking the likes of a  Madonna, Springsteen, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Depeche Mode. The Weeknd, 1975 at a push.

Madonna is a pipe dream

Springsteen apparently went down bad last time

Eavii apparently have a vendetta against RHCP

Depeche Mode won't take the fee

No idea about Weeknd

1975 are on indefinete hiatus (but will probably do it when they are back)

Edited by FrogLobster

1 minute ago, Handshake said:

Just got home, is there a reason why there’s no live streams like the rest of the weekend? Only option is Justice, no real complaints, just curious as to why there seems to be no other live streams available. 

I’ve had this problem - they are there - if you close the app and open again (might take a few goes) they eventually appear

2 minutes ago, Handshake said:

Just got home, is there a reason why there’s no live streams like the rest of the weekend? Only option is Justice, no real complaints, just curious as to why there seems to be no other live streams available. 

Maybe Justice / West Holts is the only one of the "live stream" stages that is still playing

3 minutes ago, Handshake said:

Because everyone has finished. Today's sets will be available to watch tomorrow. 

10 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

Ehhhh O-Rod is massive and was supposedly asked this year. Simz fair enough (although I do think she’d have fared better than Sza). 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

32 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Ehhhh O-Rod is massive and was supposedly asked this year. Simz fair enough (although I do think she’d have fared better than Sza). 

but is she massive? In a Glastonbury sense? 

I alluded to Spotify having a lot to answer for on a previous post and I think we are heading down that road. The tick-tockification of taste.

The headliners should be an irrepressible force like the arctic monkeys in 2007 or a legacy act with credit in the bank , a decent back catalogue, and preferable if they transcend age groups.

Judging  on some of the suggestions today we are using what 18 year old girls are listening to as the barometer.

Edited by Drums Please Fab
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

but is she massive? In a Glastonbury sense? 

i alluded to Spotify having a lot to answer for on a previous post and I think we are heading down that road. The tick-tockification of taste.

The headliners should be an irrepressible force like the arctic monkeys in 2007 or a legacy act with credit in the bank , a decent back catalogue, and preferable if they transcend age groups.

Judging  on some of the suggestions today we are using what 18 year old girls are listening to as the barometer.

She’s massive in every sense. Did you see the response she got when she played a couple of years ago?!

And as I say, the festival clearly agree if it’s true she turned them down this time. 

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

She’s massive in every sense. Did you see the response she got when she played a couple of years ago?!

And as I say, the festival clearly agree if it’s true she turned them down this time. 

I didn’t think much of it to be honest. Nothing that screamed headliner anyway. I wouldn’t have her on after about 7pm to be honest.

Was this when she brought Lily Allen out and then started whinging about the Supreme Court and Rowe Vs Wade? 

I think it’s a race to the bottom if this is the standard of headliner on offer. 

There also seems to be some perverse thirst to shoe horn in as many women as possible no matter the merit.

They are 50% of the population. If you’re good enough you’ll get the gig.