Glastonbury 2024 - Home Edition

st dan

As one of the handful of Americans who was at the festival in 22 when the Supreme Court made their decision while Confidence Man were playing it was very disheartening for my gf as to what was happening stateside. 

O Rod didnt have to explain jack sh*t as to what she did at her performance with Lily. She gets it at least and has stuck to her guns.  And obviously in a forum full of blokes there shouldnt have to have a need for clarification.

4 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

She isn’t from the UK, but the issue affects her rights directly. Also the US is a global superpower, so its influence across the world is far greater than, for example, Ireland. She wasn’t the only person performing that weekend to bring it up either. 

Ireland is a Catholic majority country, the UK is not. So no, I don’t really consider their view on abortion rights to be comparable to the UK despite how close they may be in Geography. 

UK is a majority protestant country, so I'm not sure what kind of big cultural difference you think there is, or would be if there was a vote on abortion. Both countries are certainly comparable and have similar cultural attitudes.

Maybe worse, a majority of you f**kwits voted for Brexit and have elected the Tories to be in government for the last 13 years.....

13 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

UK is a majority protestant country, so I'm not sure what kind of big cultural difference you think there is, or would be if there was a vote on abortion. Both countries are certainly comparable and have similar cultural attitudes.

I’d say 87% of Britain in favour of pro choice vs 66% in Ireland is a pretty big difference. Perhaps I’m wrong in assuming Catholicism has an influence in Ireland, but the stats speak for themselves on the culture differences on that particular issue. 

Anyway this thread keeps going off topic. Moving on. 

Just catching up on iPlayer.  So far I've really enjoyed Jesse Ware, Paul Heaton and Keane. Dua Lipa was excellent and I'm looking forward to seeing her in Portugal in a couple of weeks. What I've seen of LCD Soundsystem I'm going to love the full set.

DBlock Europe aren't for me. Younger relatives told me to watch them so I had a look. Was OK, thought they would pull a bigger crowd though, barely reached the "tower", I really expected them to pull big numbers. 

On 6/30/2024 at 10:20 AM, Gashead86 said:

From a very selfish pov, the gutter press can spread misinformation all they like re Glasto tbh, if it stops just one punter going for a ticket then that’s an improved chance for me in October! 

also, the fewer Mail readers at Glastonbury, the better the vibe overall