Glastonbury 2024 - Home Edition

st dan

3 minutes ago, berylbigsis said:

Slim pickings for me today.

Alvvays were by far the best thing.

Apparently the Acoustic Stage (Gypsy Kings) is full to bursting!

Crowd loving it…can’t get near the tent but enjoying the cheers from inside. 

IMG_1659.jpeg

Edited by germanmon
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gashead86 said:

You just pick the best person / people for the job don’t you? 
Madonna would have been great, but as soon as that fell through it should have been back to the drawing board to see who was available that fitted the ball (penis or not) rather than rearranging the pack creating complete mismatches. 

A mess. 

I've heard they went for Stevie Wonder and P!NK but it didn't work out. They tried for others but ultimately nothing worked out. It's weird, they are usually far more prepared than this.

I think the money they offer is starting to bite hard too. It's well known that Coldplay do the festival for roughly a 1/5 of their usual festival fee. They are lucky they are such fans really. 

Pink and Green Day were probably out of budget. Taylor Swift and Olivia Rodrigo just focused on their own tour dates too. Says it all. 

2 minutes ago, Gashead86 said:

You just pick the best person / people for the job don’t you? 
Madonna would have been great, but as soon as that fell through it should have been back to the drawing board to see who was available that fitted the ball (penis or not) rather than rearranging the pack creating complete mismatches. 

A mess. 

Just begging Paramore to take one night off the Eras Tour would’ve done the trick. There must have been something

2 minutes ago, Serenefishy said:

Emily clearly made a statement with artists in mind,

She does it most years now tho, it just sets  herself  up to fail 

3 minutes ago, Serenefishy said:

Let’s not get all Daily Mail in here guys

Stop being high and mighty. It’s a totally fair criticism - look at the size of the headliner audience! It’s a shame for sza. She was clearly meant to headline the other 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

I think the money they offer is starting to bite hard too. It's well known that Coldplay do the festival for roughly a 1/5 of their usual festival fee. They are lucky they are such fans really. 

Pink and Green Day were probably out of budget. Taylor Swift and Olivia Rodrigo just focused on their own tour dates too. Says it all. 

O rod will do it next year I’m sure 

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

O rod will do it next year I’m sure 

Highly unlikely I'd say. I don't think she will be touring again that soon after this mammoth tour she's on. 

She will do it one year though for sure. 

4 minutes ago, Serenefishy said:

Let’s not get all Daily Mail in here guys. Emily clearly made a statement with artists in mind, one fell through and as a result there ended up being a headliner who doesn’t warrant being a headliner. It’s a c*ck up but there’s no need to be all angry, especially in the TV thread where none of us are paying customers!

Totally agree. Way too much talk about the size of crowds on here. I couldn't really give a f**k - it's the quality of performance I care about. 

Just as an aside, I once went to V Festival & The Verve played the main stage. Jesus and Mary Chain were on the 2nd stage - there were 12 people watching, including me! 😆

• Upvote 1

I think there is an overreaction to 1 year of "poor" headliners....but in reality, it's just SZA who has really gone down badly.

Dua is probably the in the top 2 or 3 biggest pure "pop stars" on the planet at the min.

The last few years has seen Reg, McCartney, Kendrick, Billie Eilish headline. I bet GnR were not cheap too.

I think new festival headliners are drying up. Next year I really wonder who they get.

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I think there is an overreaction to 1 year of "poor" headliners....but in reality, it's just SZA who has really gone down badly.

Dua is probably the in the top 2 or 3 biggest pure "pop stars" on the planet at the min.

The last few years has seen Reg, McCartney, Kendrick, Billie Eilish headline. I bet GnR were not cheap too.

I think new festival headliners are drying up. Next year I really wonder who they get.

Like him or not, he definitely deserves the chance: 

IMG_3838.jpeg