Glastonbury 2024 - Home Edition

st dan

3 minutes ago, WillyVWade said:

I'm not sure TS is a £££ issue.

She's clearly savvy enough to know that Glasto is going to be a bunch of great column inches. Especially with the worldwide streaming.

The thing is she doesn't need it right now.

TS will probably do it to tick a career milestone off than the money (similar to Metallica). She is north of a $billionaire and seems dead-set on breaking records and leaving a legacy. And she was booked once before so certainly Eavis has some channels in to renegotiate again.

Edited by FrogLobster

23 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Just switched on Glastonbury for first time today and there is a pixie lady climbing a tree on pyramid stage...and what appears to be lots of young people singing along to her songs.

Yep. The crowd looks a lot younger than your average Pyramid headliner crowd and they seem to know all the lyrics. 

2 minutes ago, FrogLobster said:

Paramore have barely played any fests anywhere in the UK. Last time was co headlining R&L a decade ago.

Although now their 20 year record contract/management deal has ended and they are seemingly going more independent then perhaps Glasto is on the cards; Other headliner? Pyramid sub? The Era support tour is only going to be a good thing for them in terms of exposure to a more mainstream audience; and coupled with their recent album that has more aligned with Bloc Party and Foals than it does with their earlier Warped Tour/Slam Dunk contemporaries.

Sold out two nights at the O2 last year, and that was off the back of an album which wasn’t all that well received. Definitely still a headliner by any reasonable metric. 

3 minutes ago, FrogLobster said:

TS will probably do it to tick a career milestone off than the money (similar to Metallica). She is north of a $billionaire and seems dead-set on breaking records and leaving a legacy. And she was booked once before so certainly Eavis has some channels in to renegotiate again.

How much does "headlining Glastonbury" mean to US (or none UK) acts in general?

I've no idea if non-brits even know what Glastonbury is (expect Australian's, who all seem to have been multiple times).

Edited by WillyVWade

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Hahaha. They are genuinely still a big deal though. At our Eras Tour show Misery Business got as loud a reaction as some of Taylor’s songs.  

Oh, I'd LOVE a Paramore headliner! And they would deliver such a great show. Its just difficult to gauge where they fall on the UK fest bill due to how little they have done UK fests in their whole career. Its basically been R&L 3 or 4 times and one Download in 07. That's it?!

Edited by FrogLobster
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Totally agree. Way too much talk about the size of crowds on here. I couldn't really give a f**k - it's the quality of performance I care about. 

Just as an aside, I once went to V Festival & The Verve played the main stage. Jesus and Mary Chain were on the 2nd stage - there were 12 people watching, including me! 😆

Performance? Sure, the 30 minutes I gave her, you could barely understand a word she sang.  Pretty shtie all around really, and explains the crowd tbh

Thought the SZA crowd looked fairly big once it had got going, same with The National, lm not sure SZA's show translated into a big field, always wonder if a lot of the pop or hip hop acts who have played the Pyramid without live instruments miss out on something from the live performance? 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Good shout. Has played the festival before of course, and with a new album supposedly coming later this year she has to be in the frame. 

Still mental to think the last time she played Glasto was BEFORE she released The Fame Monster. 15 years ago! Did she aggro the Eavii or something? 😄

Edited by FrogLobster

12 minutes ago, WillyVWade said:

I'm not sure TS is a £££ issue.

She's clearly savvy enough to know that Glasto is going to be a bunch of great column inches. Especially with the worldwide streaming.

The thing is she doesn't need it right now.

I think TS is entirely bootable when she is not in the middle of her own world tour. I just don’t fancy squeezing into that field anymore!

Totally gutted that 2020 didn’t happen when it could have genuinely been fun.

2 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Thought the SZA crowd looked fairly big once it had got going, same with The National, lm not sure SZA's show translated into a big field, always wonder if a lot of the pop or hip hop acts who have played the Pyramid without live instruments miss out on something from the live performance? 

Maybe but I think the visuals and dancers made up for it. I was expecting the Shipwreck theme from the Arena tour so to see this incredible mystical setup was quite amazing watching it from home.

shes not strong vocally, but overall it was a great headline performance for tv viewers. 

• Downvote 3

Just now, FestivalJamie said:

Maybe but I think the visuals and dancers made up for it. I was expecting the Shipwreck theme from the Arena tour so to see this incredible mystical setup was quite amazing watching it from home.

shes not strong vocally, but overall it was a great headline performance for tv viewers. 

no it wasn’t.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2