Avalon is dying

Steveyett

Oh very sad to hear!! 
It was always my absolute fave but don't feel it's been the same since they moved the bar. 
I loved the helter skelter too, it was my moment of childishness every year! 😧

• Upvote 1

Maybe time to move Avalon, it seems to be becoming incidental to the festival now and more of a cut through to get to SE corner. Maybe swap Arcadia with Avalon? I loved Arcadia when it seemed a part of SE  corner, appreciating that area will be ome even more crowded. Just think there is a real desire for a dedicated area for Avalon, although will cost a bit to move the fixed infrastructure. I do think there is as much demand for non dance music so moving it to Arcadia might move the crowds a bit to the West? Who knows, we can't lose Avalon though...

• Upvote 2

I've always said that moving the Rocket Lounge and Diner to Avalon would be good move. Rocket Lounge has always felt like it needs to be somewhere else other the SE corner for people who want that vibe without having the ordeal of everything else in the SE corner. 

Avalon/Sensation Seekers should be the new home for late night cheesy sing-alongs for those who want to party till 3am but aren't chasing beats. 

• Upvote 14

Yet again sorry to say it but Emily/GFL fart assing around with the site is just ruining it.  Yes progress is good but Williams Green and Avalon were perfectly fine before they messed with it.  I know Williams had problems in 2022 with Mel C and the crowd problems but instead of removing the tent and Inn on the Green there must have been a better solution.  Weds/Thurs were fantastic at both venues.  Guilty pleasure in the tent at Williams Green made the weekend!!!!

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

I've always said that moving the Rocket Lounge and Diner to Avalon would be good move. Rocket Lounge has always felt like it needs to be somewhere else other the SE corner for people who want that vibe without having the ordeal of everything else in the SE corner. 

Avalon/Sensation Seekers should be the new home for late night cheesy sing-alongs for those who want to party till 3am but aren't chasing beats. 

Have always wanted those 2 to come out of SE corner - especially as you have to go through the whole thing to get to them, so that by the time you get there, you just want to leave! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The Scratch were excellent on Avalon though, despite being up against Shania. 

Did anyone happen to see Lulu? Did she pull in a big crowd?

First Williams Green, and now Avalon and Unfairground being massively cut back. Will be interesting to see where they take both those areas from here.

On 6/28/2024 at 7:04 PM, dingbat2 said:

Maybe time to move Avalon, it seems to be becoming incidental to the festival now and more of a cut through to get to SE corner. Maybe swap Arcadia with Avalon? I loved Arcadia when it seemed a part of SE  corner, appreciating that area will be ome even more crowded. Just think there is a real desire for a dedicated area for Avalon, although will cost a bit to move the fixed infrastructure. I do think there is as much demand for non dance music so moving it to Arcadia might move the crowds a bit to the West? Who knows, we can't lose Avalon though...

This. Given its proximity to the SE corner, it's perhaps no surprise that they have gutted it. They're probably just trying to reduce the footfall in that region of the site.

A relocation could work wonders for it.

6 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

This. Given its proximity to the SE corner, it's perhaps no surprise that they have gutted it. They're probably just trying to reduce the footfall in that region of the site.

A relocation could work wonders for it.

It's always felt to me like it should really be the other side of the railway line. Before they started putting on the cheesy pop act that would cause the filed to be closed. There's been a lot of acts played Avalon and Croissant Neuf over the years. Maybe move it next to Undle Ground so it adjoins CN? 

At the same time, if it were moved, that field would likely be given over to late night noisy stuff, currently it at least is another field barrier between Green Futures and the beats!