Avalon is dying

Steveyett

I think the nail in the Avalon coffin was the loss of Hobo Jones on a Friday which set the scene in a way and reminded people it was there to come back to later somehow. Yeah the loss of the cafe also helped but the missing Hobo link this year was felt I think.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pinhead said:

I think the nail in the Avalon coffin was the loss of Hobo Jones on a Friday which set the scene in a way and reminded people it was there to come back to later somehow. Yeah the loss of the cafe also helped but the missing Hobo link this year was felt I think.

That's a bit flattering isn't it?

Going by their FB page the Hobos split up last year (or are 'on a break')

On 7/6/2024 at 8:06 PM, Pipine said:

I went there for The Go Team and BabyQueen this year.. both were good fun, didn’t spend as much time in the Avalon inn as I’d like, there was just too much to do this year.. 

Baby Queen we’re really good though Maybe Avalon should return to more folk rock bands such as Skinny  Lister. Bit of high energy punk folk to complement more traditional folk artists. 

21 hours ago, kerplunk said:

That's a bit flattering isn't it?

Going by their FB page the Hobos split up last year (or are 'on a break')

Maybe a bit I suppose - though they kind of became the house band and hung around to do the introducing too for a while after their initial gig. Became a bit of a tradition, even though their performance was pretty much identical year on year! Was a bit like Mik at the Bandstand then Rocket Lounge later on the Thurs - also gone this year.

3 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Maybe a bit I suppose - though they kind of became the house band and hung around to do the introducing too for a while after their initial gig. Became a bit of a tradition, even though their performance was pretty much identical year on year! Was a bit like Mik at the Bandstand then Rocket Lounge later on the Thurs - also gone this year.

Isn't Davey part of the booking team hence also being compare? He was there this year despite the Hobo's being gone