Regrets

northernangel

This isn't to be too negative but after an indifferent day I didn't know where to put it. I guess it's more a support/reassurance thing to remind me that these things happen. Maybe worse as my anxieties have been pretty bad recently so the mind works 10 fold.

I think tiredness, energy, the heat and the faff getting in had took it's toll and it's a try not dwell, even a case of people will think it's only that bad or whatever.

While looking for a mate which got very annoying, I then woke up realising I totally missed the showhawk duo bandstand set!, I also watched Anne Marie over Lulu though feel by the time I got there it may have been packed out and PJ Harvey was missed too due to time taken back from the vaccines/toilet stop etc. On the plus side, I'm hearing missing Sugababes due to the sheer crowd was probably a good decision. Paul Heaton was missed too but only one could be done.

Again....not wanting this to be a negative post, it might even be others have something similar and we're not on our own haha

3 hours ago, northernangel said:

This isn't to be too negative but after an indifferent day I didn't know where to put it. I guess it's more a support/reassurance thing to remind me that these things happen. Maybe worse as my anxieties have been pretty bad recently so the mind works 10 fold.

I think tiredness, energy, the heat and the faff getting in had took it's toll and it's a try not dwell, even a case of people will think it's only that bad or whatever.

While looking for a mate which got very annoying, I then woke up realising I totally missed the showhawk duo bandstand set!, I also watched Anne Marie over Lulu though feel by the time I got there it may have been packed out and PJ Harvey was missed too due to time taken back from the vaccines/toilet stop etc. On the plus side, I'm hearing missing Sugababes due to the sheer crowd was probably a good decision. Paul Heaton was missed too but only one could be done.

Again....not wanting this to be a negative post, it might even be others have something similar and we're not on our own haha

Morning! We've all been there! I think a lot of it is about putting too much expectations on yourself and the festival. You mention a lot about what you missed....but what did you see that you liked?

I'm not there this year, but one year I missed Stormzy for Jon Hopkins, missed half of Saturday hiding in the acoustic tent from the sun, and then had an argument with my friend about The Killers (of all things). We all have bad days... Take it easy today and find the small pleasures 🙂

Agree with the above.

And 1 more thing.. dont wait for your mates in a location you dont want to be at. I appreciate people get anxious - so meet them for example, at the Ice cream Van at the back of the West Holts. You can watch someone you like / interested in whilst waiting. And you are not "right in it" so you are not too crushed.

4 hours ago, northernangel said:

man, I have missed so much stuff over the years because with or meeting friends or bad planning or whatever. It's all part of it!

Just pick out a few things today/tomorrow that are must sees and tell your friends you're seeing them no matter what...and the rest of it just go with the flow and you'll end up enjoying whatever is on offer.

Edited by steviewevie

4 hours ago, northernangel said:

I think that one advantage of Glastonbury is the amount of options you have, but it does mean you miss other things you would have enjoyed. Also you get to try things out that you wouldn’t pay to see normally, sometimes that really works and other times you realise you just can’t connect with that particular band/ artist.

Some days I have been lucky to have a great run of stuff I have enjoyed and other days have been more hit and miss -sounds like you might have had one of those days yesterday,  but today is another day.

At the end of the festival, if there is anything that I really regret not seeing , then plan to see them on tour or give them priority at the next festival.

I have missed lots of bands artists that I would have enjoyed- but didn’t know them at the time or because they clashed with something else, generally there is another chance to see them.

Even if you missed something great and saw something terrible instead,  you were still out trying stuff out and experimenting with new things, which in my opinion are the ingredients of a fulfilling weekend.

Take care of you and please try not to put yourself under pressure. 

2 hours ago, Sasperella2 said:

Morning! We've all been there! I think a lot of it is about putting too much expectations on yourself and the festival. You mention a lot about what you missed....but what did you see that you liked?

I'm not there this year, but one year I missed Stormzy for Jon Hopkins, missed half of Saturday hiding in the acoustic tent from the sun, and then had an argument with my friend about The Killers (of all things). We all have bad days... Take it easy today and find the small pleasures 🙂

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

man, I have missed so much stuff over the years because with or meeting friends or bad planning or whatever. It's all part of it!

Just pick out a few things today/tomorrow that are must sees and tell your friends you're seeing them no matter what...and the rest of it just go with the flow and you'll end up enjoying whatever is on offer.

Cheers guys. It was just a bad day, meeting mates was badly planned. It wasn't even a case of where I didn't want to be, it was poor focus and forgetting I might actually have somewhere I wanted to be in the moment. The fact I turned up to showhawk last year late having got thr wrong bandstand and it was my must thursday too with no clash made it worse! I think I've also realised ho2 much I've had enough of doing it solo.

What I saw that I thought great was only really dua lipa and amelie lens. Heaton, a bit of PJ and even Lulu which I guess would have been rammed were all choices. I kinda feel I was in a mode where I didn't correct a poor decision with a good one. Probably leads to why my most recent contact with a Mind help center is for decision making anxiety and help.

Anyone nice one guys. I've got Jamie Webster, Cyndi Lauper, Bloc Party, Coldplay today with a Last Dinner Party and Keane clash.

Def had these days! 2009, got too stoned in the full sun and had to lie down and missed most of Dizzee Rascal. Chose wrong sides of clashes (biggest missing Pet Shop Boys in 2014 for George Clinton), and some days, despite being at the best place on earth, some days you just wake up feeling 'meh'. 

RE meeting points: it's really handy to choose a meeting point in each field that doesn't move. Don't rely on flags each time! If we were meeting up for a set, we'd always meet outside the Goan Fish Curry place in WH, or the right hand side ice cream van at Other or outside the falafel place when meeting at the Pyramid. If you weren't there within 15-20 mins of the meeting time, it was fair game to sack it off and everyone understood and you still help ppl who came late but it remedied a lot of faff begore the gig actually started.

13 hours ago, steviewevie said:

The Last Dinner Party.

Solved that one for you.

I actually saw Keane mainly because TLDP will be around longer and I dotn regret it. It was a toughie but to be honest the other stage has just been absolutely rammed and sh*t so. The queueing from pyramid back to other is absolutely ridiculous and takes away so much of the glasto happiness. My mate who's been coming as long as me said that it misses him off big time, that he'll probably come again but he's left questioning whether he's doing it because it's the done thing or it is time.

5 hours ago, northernangel said:

I actually saw Keane mainly because TLDP will be around longer and I dotn regret it. It was a toughie but to be honest the other stage has just been absolutely rammed and sh*t so. The queueing from pyramid back to other is absolutely ridiculous and takes away so much of the glasto happiness. My mate who's been coming as long as me said that it misses him off big time, that he'll probably come again but he's left questioning whether he's doing it because it's the done thing or it is time.

yeah, over crowding has been bad last few years. Eventually something bad will happen....

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, over crowding has been bad last few years. Eventually something bad will happen....

It is turning in to a really badly organised festival just by the sheer amount of people allowed to come now. This has felt from the start the most corporate and commercial it's ever been and that'll only get worse. Unfortunately, Glasto is more like a massive Reading now.