Regrets

northernangel

6 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Not a single god damn one 🙂 perfection beyond belief 

Completely agree with this - was a perfect weekend.  I had a variety of clash choices to make over the course of the weekend and I think everyone single one worked out perfectly.  Not really sure how to top Glasto 24 😊

13 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Completely agree with this - was a perfect weekend.  I had a variety of clash choices to make over the course of the weekend and I think everyone single one worked out perfectly.  Not really sure how to top Glasto 24 😊

Yeah, I think the only choice I made that I'd do over was choosing PJ Harvey over Arlo, but somehow I managed to see every single act I'd highlighted on the app/clashfinder with the exception of Avril, who I could have as I was there in good time but decided would be so packed it would be a pain in the arse to get out after that would impact my schedule further down the line.  I also filled the time where I had nothing planned with what turned out to be some great acts at Woodsies in some fun crowds.

Definitely one of my best ever, coming off the back of 22 which was for me, my worst.  

Not a single regret. Really happy with all our choices.

Only missed 2 acts I had pencilled in….

Sofia Kourtesis because we didn’t get ourselves in gear early enough, totally on us. 

And missed Bonobo as we had to nip back to our tent to gather extra supplies. By the time we were en route, we got the message Levels had been closed off. 

Watched the start of LCD instead and got bored, so headed to Ross From Friends, which was exceptional. So swings and roundabouts really. 

1 hour ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

Strangely, my biggest regret was bit going to see SZA. I listened to her beforehand and thought she sounded really cool, but I didn't feel like facing a huge Pyramid Stage crowd at the time (LOL). I probably could've arrived ten minutes in and walked to the front!

I'm out of reactions today, but that's just how I feel - I enjoyed her recent singles and would have quite liked a chilled-out Sunday night at the Pyramid with room to relax. But the person I was with really wanted to experience the South-East corner as a proper farewell to Glastonbury (she's not planning to go again), so we went there early and I was glad. Had a great time at IICON and The Mez Yard 😊

Otherwise, I only really regret missing out on English Teacher before Coldplay, because poor decision-making in the morning meant having to dash back to the tent instead to pick up stuff. But I'll try to see them on tour instead.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Having small instances of FOMO prior to the festival.

Didn't come across as a good one (in the context of Glasto) having watched it on tv, seen the crowding issues and misplacing of acts plus average weather etc. If i had to miss one this one felt like a good one to miss.

Not wishing to activate your FOMO, but that's nonsense tbh.  I've been 30 times before and had a fantastic time, saw some brilliant acts, ate some great grub and met some lovely people - even some poor souls from this parish. 

I've not heard a single one of them express a second of dissatisfaction with this year - they're just arguing about what was the best bit. 

Weather was great, just needed to use the new cool places at Woodsies on the hottest days and get the suntan on. 

49 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Watched the start of LCD instead and got bored

The LCD set was the only crowd I didn't particularly enjoy, we had to move a couple of times to escape being surrounded by the people who'd come to loudly talk with their back to the stage until All my friends came on and they could film themselves going wild like they'd had the gig of their lives.

I enjoyed the set, mind and the weather was glorious for it.

5 minutes ago, Spindles said:

The LCD set was the only crowd I didn't particularly enjoy, we had to move a couple of times to escape being surrounded by the people who'd come to loudly talk with their back to the stage until All my friends came on and they could film themselves going wild like they'd had the gig of their lives.

I enjoyed the set, mind and the weather was glorious for it.

I moved for an almost opposite reason.  I was maybe level with sound stage as you face pyramid, crowd was pretty active and they had a big audience.  I really like their sound but only know well a handful of tunes, but it seemed like those around me knew more of the tunes and were certainly up for a shimmy and a singalong - indeed to the extent that after a bit i thought "this is a bit too lively for me" and chipped off to Leftfield where the other oldies were gathering for Billy. 

Glad to hear that.  That was the only gig all weekend where I wasn't surrounded by people REALLY into the performance, giving loads back to the artists with singing and dancing and enthusiasm.  As with all things glastonbury, sometimes it's just the where and when you chose to be that makes or breaks a moment.

This was my best year yet, perfect weather, made it onto the barrier for Barry Can't Swim, Orbital, Paloma, Shania and Justice. In the past Ive usually been at the tree at the back which was a previous regret which has been remedied.

My one regret is wasting all of Wednesday keeping space for mates that didn't get their arses into gear. I love them dearly but feel cheated out of a whole day of exploring the site. Oh and missing Dua Lipa

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

Not wishing to activate your FOMO, but that's nonsense tbh.  I've been 30 times before and had a fantastic time, saw some brilliant acts, ate some great grub and met some lovely people - even some poor souls from this parish. 

I've not heard a single one of them express a second of dissatisfaction with this year - they're just arguing about what was the best bit. 

Weather was great, just needed to use the new cool places at Woodsies on the hottest days and get the suntan on. 

There's been no FOMO this year, so all good ☺️