“Glastonbury Moments” 2024

scmusic

So let’s have them - what have been your “Glastonbury Moments” you’ve seen either in person or on TV coverage?  Doesn’t have to involve a performance, can be stuff you’ve seen around the site. 

I’ll start:

- Sacrificial pagan ritual from Heilung

- King Krule bringing his daughter out

- Idles singing “F@ck the King!”

- XX reunion singing “You’ve got the love”

your turn! 

Had a few yesterday 😊 Angie McMahon’s whole set but esp the end with Pasta; Paul Heaton, again whole set but Fatboy coming out was cool; sunset and LCD, magic; Faithless and those opening bars of Salva Mea; and being part of an impromptu ukulele band with my son in t&c. Missed this place! 

• Like 2

First one for me but some very special moments yesterday. 

- The Mary Wallopers opening with a song about riding the Queens daughter. 

- LCD playing All My Friends while the sun was going down over the pyramid. 

- HMS Sweet Charity as the sun was coming up this morning - DJ played a blinder with some really unusual tunes and the crowd got so into it! Smiles everywhere. 

At the end of my first shift on Stonebridge, girl walks in to take over my station... Recognise each other immediately - we met just once, twenty years ago, travelling in Mexico for 3 weeks. Never seen each other since. Now back in touch and overjoyed, convinced Glasto magic brought us back together. 

• Like 10
  • Upvote 7