“Glastonbury Moments” 2024

scmusic

One moment was being amazed at how many people actually like coldplay!

Lights were cool, sounded pretty good, but it was so cheesey, not my thing though but fair play to em...

But loving how friendly and caring they were when I was pushing my 3 year old in a pram through the path at the top of the pyramid stage ❤️ 

My moment was the whole IDLES set.. was a powerful performance....

f**k the king singalong, ceasefire, the Banksy boat stunt, the kid on stage and an emotional Joe breaking down, band playing in thw crowd..... and flagging off the Tories and Nigel Farrage. 

It was a small crowd but a great crowd!

Already been mentioned a few times but LCD playing All My Friends at sunset was absolutely beautiful. Hadn't listened to them until they were on the line up and the first time I heard that song I just pictured it as the sunset.

Complicated and Sk8er Boi for Avril. Great little sing songs.

Fix You by Coldplay. Out of nowhere I started thinking about my late grandparents and had tears in my eyes, then had a lovely hug with my mate.

Highlight for me though was The Village Inn late night Friday. Want to say they were called My Mate Gate and Gentleman George/Bangers and Mash. They mixed W.A.P. with an Abba song and the tent went bananas. All of our group have kept talking about it since.

What a weekend.

Such a good weekend! Few unexpected highlights were 

- Huge crowd at The Other singing Hey Jude at end of Avril Lavigne set after hearing Jude Bellingham scored to equalise 

- Damon Albarn coming on with Bombay Bicycle Club and singing Tender. My favourite Blur song ❤️ and totally didn’t expect to hear it this weekend 

- Confidence Man bringing the party to The Other. Almost missed them.  Glad we didn’t 

- Keane - whole set was brilliant. Felt like the whole crowd sang along to every song

- The K’s smashing their Woodsies set. Electric atmosphere and the band were clearly buzzing and so happy to be there 

36 minutes ago, dondo said:

Altogether Now by the Farm at Leftfield.

Billy Bragg and John Robb and others on stage and tent was bouncing. The pit security joining in as well.

Was just fantastic 

Oh damn .. I missed you there . Tent wasn’t very busy till the start should have spotted you 

3 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

LCD. Watching one of my favourite bands on the best stage in the world with the sun setting. Great crowd around us too.

That was pretty much perfect wasn't it, it blew my head off from home, a truly brilliant crowd enjoying an exceptional band, it surprised me a little, I wasnt sure how much a pyramid crowd would 'get it', but jeez they did!. It was always going to be my highlight and it exceeded my expectations massively. And a gorgeous setting sun, truly magical stuff, you were very lucky to be there. I cant see LCD beating that, it was perfect in every way

On 6/30/2024 at 4:02 PM, Hotfry said:

Romy coming on at Jessie Ware to sing their new song was a lovely moment.

Jessie smashed it in front a pretty small West Holts crowd. 

It was a lovely little crowd. Went back to the sound stage so at West Holts that felt quite enclosed. 

1 hour ago, dondo said:

Altogether Now by the Farm at Leftfield.

Billy Bragg and John Robb and others on stage and tent was bouncing. The pit security joining in as well.

Was just fantastic 

I was lurking on the outskirts getting food down my neck, that and Bank Robber went down great.  The security were equally brilliant during Bob Vylan, I was on the barrier right in front of them and they were smiling, dancing, clapping and generally having as much of a time as us punters.  I came out of there energized like I haven't felt in years (and perfectly placed to run to the the National to finish my night in style).

1 minute ago, Spindles said:

I was lurking on the outskirts getting food down my neck, that and Bank Robber went down great.  The security were equally brilliant during Bob Vylan, I was on the barrier right in front of them and they were smiling, dancing, clapping and generally having as much of a time as us punters.  I came out of there energized like I haven't felt in years (and perfectly placed to run to the the National to finish my night in style).

You weren't at SZA? Unbelievable

Black Puma’s on West Holts Saturday finishing with Colours. Beautiful and moving, seemed like whole field was with them. Excellent.

Edited by chuckles07
Day
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

That was pretty much perfect wasn't it, it blew my head off from home, a truly brilliant crowd enjoying an exceptional band, it surprised me a little, I wasnt sure how much a pyramid crowd would 'get it', but jeez they did!. It was always going to be my highlight and it exceeded my expectations massively. And a gorgeous setting sun, truly magical stuff, you were very lucky to be there. I cant see LCD beating that, it was perfect in every way

I’ve seen them loads and I think  I may have seen them slightly more… energetic (bordering on a little frenetic)  but they were SO composed. Even James’ ’ self-deprecating way, they were nailing it and they knew they were nailing it.