“Glastonbury Moments” 2024

scmusic

9 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I was lurking on the outskirts getting food down my neck, that and Bank Robber went down great.  The security were equally brilliant during Bob Vylan, I was on the barrier right in front of them and they were smiling, dancing, clapping and generally having as much of a time as us punters.  I came out of there energized like I haven't felt in years (and perfectly placed to run to the the National to finish my night in style).

Yes. I was in Leftfield quite a lot and they were always having a great time. 

Dexys at the start of Come on Eileen there is a non obvious bit at the start of the song. Two fellas in their early 70's were onto it though. They had a beautiful moment and put their arms around each other for a bit before bursting into dance.

I shed small tear as it was so nice and also that I hope that would be me in 20 years with one of my mates at Glastonbury.

When the set finished I told them what I had seen and how truly wonderful it was and had a little chat with them.

"All Together Now" by The Farm on Sunday had the tears flowing again. 

The catwalk section of Dua’s show was my top moment, she was so close and hallucinate sounded immense.  

One of the male dancers was crouched down in front of us in the pit waiting out one section and he couldn’t stop grinning at all of us on the barrier losing our sh1t.. it was so exhilarating to be right down there, well worth the long wait to get a good spot. 

Sky full of stars at Coldplay was impossibly beautiful.. not seen the pyramid crowd look that sparkly before.

Francois K in the Downlow was another perfect moment.. it was hotter than the sun in there but the tunes were great and the crowd was really fun.

The traditional walk up the hill after setting up the tent on Wednesday. As I turned around to take it in for another year, the bar started playing Hey Now by London Grammar (my Sunday headliner). It was just a perfect moment of a beautiful sight and a beautiful song. My first cry came early.

I wasn’t going to miss Joanthan Pie on the Thursday a week before a momentous general election, but I wasn’t expecting the emotional wallop he delivered as he eviscerated the Tories and their record.

Dua’s set on Friday. All of it. I loved how genuinely special it was for her to be there and how magnificent the entire thing was, apart from that one special guest. To think some people thought the festival lowered their standards to book her. Joke’s squarely on them now. 

Edited by kalifire

I had a nice time appreciating how f**king buzzing artists were to be there.

Kele getting choked up at points during Bloc Party’s set on The Other. Beth Ditto in tears throughout her set and seemingly super grateful to be given a second crack of the whip at Glasto. Romy completely overwhelmed by a Woodsies crowd that was blowing the roof off after every song. Barry Can’t Swim just absolutely mad for it. Rachel Chinouriri welling up a few times during her set. 

Just so great to see how much it means to people that do this all the time.

Personally, had a meltdown during All My Friends. Full-blown sobbing at the end. Thank you to the kind stranger who put their arm around me.

Edited by LinvoyPrimus

7 minutes ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

I had a nice time appreciating how f**king buzzing artists were to be there.

Kele getting choked up at points during Bloc Party’s set on The Other. Beth Ditto in tears throughout her set and seemingly super grateful to be given a second crack of the whip at Glasto. Romy completely overwhelmed by a Woodsies crowd that was blowing the roof off after every song. Barry Can’t Swim just absolutely mad for it. Rachel Chinouriri welling up a few times during her set. 

Just so great to see how much it means to people that do this all the time.

Personally, had a meltdown during All My Friends. Full-blown sobbing at the end. Thank you to the kind stranger who put their arm around me.

Think this is the main parallel I can draw to 2022.

When artists are obviously loving it and conveying that multiple times to the crowd, the energy amplifies. 

It feels like a “they are one of us” moment.

Emotion feeds emotion. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Think this is the main parallel I can draw to 2022.

When artists are obviously loving it and conveying that multiple times to the crowd, the energy amplifies. 

It feels like a “they are one of us” moment.

Emotion feeds emotion. 

Simbi wad a clear example of this.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2024 at 8:06 PM, Spindles said:

I was lurking on the outskirts getting food down my neck, that and Bank Robber went down great.  The security were equally brilliant during Bob Vylan, I was on the barrier right in front of them and they were smiling, dancing, clapping and generally having as much of a time as us punters.  I came out of there energized like I haven't felt in years (and perfectly placed to run to the the National to finish my night in style).

If you were on the left side for BV, we were probably rubbing shoulders 🙂 one of my highlights  of the weekend.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2024 at 10:08 PM, spencer1981 said:

My moment was the whole IDLES set.. was a powerful performance....

f**k the king singalong, ceasefire, the Banksy boat stunt, the kid on stage and an emotional Joe breaking down, band playing in thw crowd..... and flagging off the Tories and Nigel Farrage. 

Yeah! the idles set was one for the ages.  So many wonderful moments. 

will echo the Mel C / Tilda / Oribital set 

Lianne Lehavas in the crows nest

when Soft Play sang "Everything and Nothing" 

The National bringing out Kate Stables for "Rylan" 

On 7/1/2024 at 9:10 AM, deadponyclub said:

Skindred at Avalon on Friday night was a highlight for me 🤘

i have bruises on my arms from the pit that i have not had since my days of following NMA 30 years ago!

i also came out of that show minus a pair of glasses, doh!

never seen them before, hell, i never heard them before - but they were f**king brilliant and the front man is amazing.

my moment of the weekend was actually at Pam Ayres on sunday.

she told a story about getting a ball for her grandson (i think) and how their little dog burst the ball in 30 seconds of unwrapping it, but how being the parent of a dog means that someday you will inevitably have to face that decision.  

she then recited a poem about how empty the home felt without her little dog, especially the sound of little claws on a hardwood floor as they run to greet you.

it was really beautiful, and genuinely moved to tears.

Edited by -TLR-
spelling

Couple of ours came on our longest night out at Glastonbury yet. 

At around 4:30am in Shangri La, sat chatting to an off duty security guard who was doing his first Glastonbury (after doing lots of other festivals.) Great company, felt like we were chatting for ages. (Shout out to the guys serving tea at, whatever that little camp fire areas is called, too!!! Shame there was no proper Yorkshire tea though, just some posh chamomile tea. 😉 Never had chamomile before, it was actually quite nice.) 

At around 6:30am, opposite the Atchin Tan, we’d stopped to get breakfast / supper at the only stall open, Pan Asian, as we’d not eaten since early evening. Nobody around and a really random girl asked if she could join us. She started telling us about her ‘adventures’ that night, how she went around looking for little ‘missions’ that she could complete. Returning lost phones, reuniting separated groups, etc.

Her favourite mission of the night was how she’d managed to blag a way into the crew area for somebody, who was crew, but had lost his band, got separated from his friends and now couldn’t get back to his tent or friends. I was very very fooked at this point, so memory may be hazy, but for sure I remember the name of the person she helped, Nick, as it was my name. 🙂 

Anyway, incredible girl, big heart, funny, and an incredible interaction that topped off one of the best nights ever at Glastonbury for us.