“Glastonbury Moments” 2024

scmusic

21 hours ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

I had a nice time appreciating how f**king buzzing artists were to be there.

Kele getting choked up at points during Bloc Party’s set on The Other. Beth Ditto in tears throughout her set and seemingly super grateful to be given a second crack of the whip at Glasto. Romy completely overwhelmed by a Woodsies crowd that was blowing the roof off after every song. Barry Can’t Swim just absolutely mad for it. Rachel Chinouriri welling up a few times during her set. 

Just so great to see how much it means to people that do this all the time.

Personally, had a meltdown during All My Friends. Full-blown sobbing at the end. Thank you to the kind stranger who put their arm around me.

Yep saw that with Black Pumas and more obviously when Seasick Steve was talking about how his Jools Holland appearance essentially saved his life. He got massively emotional and the crowd showed him all the love! 

2 hours ago, -TLR- said:

i have bruises on my arms from the pit that i have not had since my days of following NMA 30 years ago!

i also came out of that show minus a pair of glasses, doh!

never seen them before, hell, i never heard them before - but they were f**king brilliant and the front man is amazing.

Benji is a legend, I've been going to see them since they started out. Remember watching them in some tiny venues over the years (sub 50 crowds) - always a great atmosphere!

18 minutes ago, Sitruc97 said:

Everything and Nothing being performed by Soft Play was a bit of a moment, clearly a very meaningful song to them both and im glad to see them back.

- i only saw the second half of soft play and I've never seen them before and thought wow they are good. the catchup on iplayer is worth a watch

- tim booth jumping on me

- as mentioned The Farm was really good

- hearing coldplay mention the pyrimid hat made me grin

- i managed to watch the basil brush unleashed show by accident - it was much better than i thought it would be and i was glad i stayed

Edited by bob323
  • Like 1

I'm sure this happened lots at Greenpeace over the weekend but on Thursday whilst watching Arxx there were two kids trying to summon up the courage to go down the death slide. They both must have sat on the edge a gazillion times before one of them eventually, with the encouragement of the crowd, summoned up the courage to drop.

Don't think I heard a larger cheer all weekend.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

I'm sure this happened lots at Greenpeace over the weekend but on Thursday whilst watching Arxx there were two kids trying to summon up the courage to go down the death slide. They both must have sat on the edge a gazillion times before one of them eventually, with the encouragement of the crowd, summoned up the courage to drop.

Don't think I heard a larger cheer all weekend.

Ha yes saw this on Sunday too with a young girl, must have been 100 people cheering her on, she did it in the end, was brilliant.

Walking back to our camper on the Sunday and saw a crowd around the bandstand for an artist called Suntou Susso, we stayed for a bit and ended up being one of the highlights of the weekend. Its these unexpected bits off bliss that make Glastonbury, one minute you are heading towards the hill of death the next your dancing in a conga to a Kora musician from Gambia! absolute joy and a perfect way to round off the weekend.

Bit of an unusual one, but during Eric Prydz at Arcadia I managed to lose my hat whilst putting my mate up on my shoulders, after about 5 minutes of searching the floor gave up on it, only to 30 seconds later practically stand on my hat 😂

Also the entire Sunday night from being 3 people off the barrier for Justice, to Basil Brush Unleashed, to going through Terminal 1, to Doreen Doreen, then Shangri-la until close followed by a trip up to the stone circle was an absolute all timer

• Upvote 1

Walking across after Pam Ayres towards the circus fields, a man was blowing up a rubber glove on his head to the tune of Another One Bites The Dust. Needless to say I ended up staying for the whole of his show - I now know this to be Freddieno, a Japanese Freddie M impersonator/magician/comedy act and it's genuinely one of the best things I saw all weekend.

Only at Glasto.

Does anyone know who was playing at 3:30am at the Ancient Futures tent (by the tipis) i wanted a cuppa before going to bed and could not believe the music that was playing and what was happening in that little venue stayed for 40m and it was truely amazing and was completely blown away. 

LCD dance yourself clean and all my friends will be with me forever 

Romy for the love from the crowed and how special she found it

great year allround (minus the squashes) 

A long list

Lambrini Girls, Greenpeace on Thursday in the newly opened area they had a cracking crowd, not as tightly packed in Woodsies but up there they did crowd surfing, got someone to storm out due to their lyrics (a big plus for me) and even got the crowd to do a limbo. 

Moonchild Sanelly - the joy of their show and dancing with their DJ (who wears chaps and is a fantastic dancer). 

Paul Heaton - enjoyed the whole set a lot, but when he mentioned the Housemartins playing in 1986 (which I was there for and was brilliant) it was lovely that he had a warm hug with Norman before they did Happy Hour. 

kneecap in Woodsies - a tent full of people for a set starting at 1130 and then them kicking off singalongs to fenian, Brits and Sniffer Dogs. 

Gossip - not seen them for many years but really liked new tunes, they put on a fantastic show pretty funky and really getting the crowd dancing, she had at least two cries, then polished it off with a mash of Standing in the Way of control and Nevermind. 

The Leftfield run of Lottery Winners, The Farm and Bob Vylan.  Hadn't seen the first but they went down a storm, The Farm hadp  particular highlights with Bankrobber and All Together Now, Bob Vylan just brilliant - think they pulled a 6 year old from the crowd who agreed they were "nice!", bless him.