James

The Other Steve

47 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

They were great.

It would have really really gone off with just a couple more hits. I'd cut Sound (it's no one's best James song let's be honest) as it goes on for 10 mins and also cut one of the new slow ones.

We didn't get any of these which shows how big their back catalogue is:

She's a Star

Tomorrow

Waltzing Along

Laid

Ring the Bells

Fred Estair

My all time favourite James song.....

• Like 1

The first festival I ever went to was Reading in 1991, where James were headlining the Saturday. I vaguely remember watching them then, and definitely remember spending most of my food money on a James T-shirt afterwards, so belting out Sit Down on Sunday, the band still so vital and myself by then an increasingly knackered wreck but at least trying to keep up, felt a bit emotional. I bought a t-shirt afterwards. 

Definitely would have taken another half an hour - some great tracks went unplayed. And agree that the new album is excellent. 

That was my 11th time seeing them. Dragged our whole group along and was glad to hear they all really enjoyed it. I did pre-warn them that there would be a good mix of new songs and old classics. For me, the day they stop making new music is probably when they'll pack it in so if it keeps them going, I'll take it.

Think Yummy was their 18th album which is madness.

'Lifes a f**king miracle' 😎

23 hours ago, mufcok said:

Great and emotional. Probably the body abuse but I shed a few tears. Some lovely moments

Based on your user name, I share a similar emotional attachment to James (noting I like them regardless).  I thought it was a great set. My wife went to Shania but I wasn't missing James.  Found it emotional anyway but especially so thinking of a couple of Utd mates no longer with us who came to mind when Sit Down came on.

I strolled round to Pyramid after, collecting a pint en-route,  but couldn't get to my wife. So after watching Shania from the side for a bit walked round the perimeter path and went to Woodsies for Alvvays who were also excellent.

I was down front with my 9yo son, absolutely loved it. We'd seen them at the O2 on the Yummy tour the other week but from the seats as U14s not allowed to stand, so it was nice to get up close and personal. Also got on the telly! 

I think the two drummers things is great,   Debbie and Chloe Alper are both great additions to the line-up,  Yummy is a really good album. 

They could have headlined Pyramid with the crowd they had. They're due another go on there after having their 1998 set cut short to show the footy. Primal Scream were also sh*t after them, and it was raining.

Also love Sound, first track on my 2nd fave James album.

Edited by Johnnyseven