James

The Other Steve

They didn't play Sit Down on 2016 cos it was so muddy...

Mentioned it before on here but who remembers in the early 90's when everyone watching used to actually sit down when he got to the bit where he goes, "doooowwwwnnnnn"...?

2 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

I can remember they headlined the second stage at Latitude in 2018 and he seemed really shirty about Solange headlining the main stage that night saying they'd had loads of hits compared to her 

I adore the band and he's very talented but I agree he does seem a bit pretentious at times 

I remember them making a point of not playing Sit Down live for a long time (which annoys me anyway because people work hard to pay for tickets, so can't they suck it up and play their biggest song for a couple of minutes?) but then they played it on Jules Holland alongside their new single to promote it. Hmm...

5 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

We had seen them in Glasgow just prior to the festival and they were tremendous. Ideal band to transcend the age groups. Could easily have headlined the other or subbed the pyramid.
If I recollect back in 2016 they cut sit down from their set as the start was delayed due to the mud at the front of the stage. More wood chip had to be quickly brought it.  They went straight on to laid at the end as time was short. 

Probably for the best. Saw them at a very wet V festival years ago and they tried to get the crowd to sit down for Sit Down.

Needless to say the crowd were having none of it! 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

Probably for the best. Saw them at a very wet V festival years ago and they tried to get the crowd to sit down for Sit Down.

Sadly at my age it’s bloody hard getting back up. Coldplay tried the same thing in 2016😉

41 minutes ago, stuie said:

I struggle with getting down let alone sitting down  ... my flexibility is sh*t along with the dodgy back 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I struggle with getting down let alone sitting down  ... my flexibility is sh*t along with the dodgy back 

And you’ve  an additional problem, thousands of folk sitting down apart from one person with a flashing hat drawing the attention😊😉

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

And you’ve  an additional problem, thousands of folk sitting down apart from one person with a flashing hat drawing the attention😊😉

Might have deliberately delayed slightly during Coldplay 😀

Me and my wife were due to see James tonight at Ludlow castle, but now can't go as my wife is too ill. I've given our tickets to our neighbours. This is the second time that I have booked and paid for tickets to see James, but haven't been able to go. I think that I am destined not to see them live*.

* -Note - I was in the crowd in 1990 (I think it was)at Glastonbury when they played, but didn't know of them then and talked to my mate all the way through their set. That I regret. I also, at that time, didn't know that talking continuously through a set may have upset those around us. Will not be doing that again wherever I am.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Me and my wife were due to see James tonight at Ludlow castle, but now can't go as my wife is too ill. I've given our tickets to our neighbours. This is the second time that I have booked and paid for tickets to see James, but haven't been able to go. I think that I am destined not to see them live*.

* -Note - I was in the crowd in 1990 (I think it was)at Glastonbury when they played, but didn't know of them then and talked to my mate all the way through their set. That I regret. I also, at that time, didn't know that talking continuously through a set may have upset those around us. Will not be doing that again wherever I am.

Hope MrsYOAS keeps well

As for your sin, You are forgiven my son

We really should have a confessional thread😉😊

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Pinhead said:

They didn't play Sit Down on 2016 cos it was so muddy...

Mentioned it before on here but who remembers in the early 90's when everyone watching used to actually sit down when he got to the bit where he goes, "doooowwwwnnnnn"...?

This ended after their Glastonbury set in 1998 when three people drowned.

(Not really)

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I just need somewhere to admit to everyone in Somerset that I prefer lager to cider😉😊

You could take out a whole page advert in the Somerset County Gazette;

https://www.somersetcountygazette.co.uk/

You could inform a lot of the good burghers of Somerset this way. You could say at the bottom of the page 'Please spread the word within Somerset, by any means that you can - please!).

Of course the main bulk of the page would have to be devoted to your confession. You will also need to sound contrite = otherwise you'll blow your cover, and the people of Somerset will bust you for not being devout ie they will not forgive your sins. 

It would appear that there is no demonym (a word that I have only just discovered exists) for Somerset, to my knowledge, so maybe below the confession (and above the plea to spread the word, you could say something like 'Come on Bath City F.C, I know you can do it. Then go onto say that you love Yeovil Town F.C.‎, in fact you love all the Somerset football clubs in Somerset. Some will bust you for not being realistic, but a fraction of those will fail to respond because they like being mistreated. So, I think we're (how did I get into it?) good to go!

Best of ;luck.

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You could take out a whole page advert in the Somerset County Gazette;

https://www.somersetcountygazette.co.uk/

You could inform a lot of the good burghers of Somerset this way. You could say at the bottom of the page 'Please spread the word within Somerset, by any means that you can - please!).

Of course the main bulk of the page would have to be devoted to your confession. You will also need to sound contrite = otherwise you'll blow your cover, and the people of Somerset will bust you for not being devout ie they will not forgive your sins. 

It would appear that there is no demonym (a word that I have only just discovered exists) for Somerset, to my knowledge, so maybe below the confession (and above the plea to spread the word, you could say something like 'Come on Bath City F.C, I know you can do it. Then go onto say that you love Yeovil Town F.C.‎, in fact you love all the Somerset football clubs in Somerset. Some will bust you for not being realistic, but a fraction of those will fail to respond because they like being mistreated. So, I think we're (how did I get into it?) good to go!

Best of ;luck.

😊😊😊😊

9 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Someone put half the 1998 set up on Youtube

Pyramid, just after the Euros went to extra time, they started late as refused to go on until it had finished. England won.

1998 was a world cup year - I think it was England v Colombia & a group game so no extra time. I remember cos I was sheltering in my tent listening on the radio - I bloody love James but I didn't go and see them in 98 cos the weather was horrendous & I couldn't face going back out until the storm stopped. 

17 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

1998 was a world cup year - I think it was England v Colombia & a group game so no extra time. I remember cos I was sheltering in my tent listening on the radio - I bloody love James but I didn't go and see them in 98 cos the weather was horrendous & I couldn't face going back out until the storm stopped. 

It was a friday night, and it was the last group game - England won 2-0 vs Colombia with goals from Darren Anderton and David Beckham. It absolutely smashed down with rain, biblical times, i was watching the game in my local pub and it was running in rivulets down the bar 😄 their roof and guttering took a right good testing that night and failed to spectacular results, it was one of those nights you always remember despite the many pints! 

• Upvote 1