Football 5pm

danbailey80

Makes you wonder if they have Glasto in 26 that theyll make en effort to show the matchers happening during the weekend. Theres  the last group play matches the whole weekend with the first knock out match on Sunday. Maybe they will just open west holts and turn the screens on weds and thurs. Thatll keep everyone from overunning the site

5 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Makes you wonder if they have Glasto in 26 that theyll make en effort to show the matchers happening during the weekend. Theres  the last group play matches the whole weekend with the first knock out match on Sunday. Maybe they will just open west holts and turn the screens on weds and thurs. Thatll keep everyone from overunning the site

Won’t those games be at headliner time with the time difference? deserve to be banned from the fest for life if you choose football at headliner time 🙄

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

They won't - according to Glasto Free Press, 2026 is now an official fallow year.

9 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

They won't - according to Glasto Free Press, 2026 is now an official fallow year.

Nice ok. Thus why I said IF. And I had been pushing 26 as a fallow cause of World Cup. Did free press give official 25 dates?

and come the f**k on. Slovakia should win this match. 

and the land doesnt look that nice this weekend? Seen more dead grass on the feed than usual.  Like saw a pic of west holts this morning and it wasnt even close to being that bad in 22 on sunday. 

Everyones f**ked on t day this year if they do announce officially that 26 is a fallow cause everyone will want to get this ticket.

Edited by Suprefan

24 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

It's been confirmed then. 

Definitely not missing another year then. Especially as next year is my 30th anniversary 

My 40th - which has made me think I really will be back next year.

I was surprised to note that 2028 won't be fallow in fairness given England is hosting the Euros (well along with the other UK nations + Ireland) and would've thought there might be competing demand for portaloos etc.

Well unless Glastonbury is suitably out of the way from Cardiff, Birmingham and London that the necessary resources can be dispatched there accordingly.

Most football stadiums have perfectly adequate toilet facilities. the 2012 Olympics placed unique demands on portaloos and security staff because so many of the venues were temporary and therefore didn’t have inbuilt facilities. Although if the fest hadn’t been due a fallow year in 2012 or 2013 anyway they’d probably have found a way to make it work. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

41 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Most football stadiums have perfectly adequate toilet facilities. the 2012 Olympics placed unique demands on portaloos and security staff because so many of the venues were temporary and therefore didn’t have inbuilt facilities. Although if the fest hadn’t been due a fallow year in 2012 or 2013 anyway they’d probably have found a way to make it work. 

It's not about the stadiums, it's about fan parks and the like which will be in pace for an entire month.

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

I was surprised to note that 2028 won't be fallow in fairness given England is hosting the Euros (well along with the other UK nations + Ireland) and would've thought there might be competing demand for portaloos etc.

Well unless Glastonbury is suitably out of the way from Cardiff, Birmingham and London that the necessary resources can be dispatched there accordingly.

Thank goodness glasto is one of the festival's that uses very few portaloos. 

A terrible solution in 21st century. 

3 hours ago, dulcificum said:

Thank goodness glasto is one of the festival's that uses very few portaloos. 

A terrible solution in 21st century. 

To be fair, even without having any in public areas inside the fence - they do still use an absolute shitload of them.

16 hours ago, incident said:

To be fair, even without having any in public areas inside the fence - they do still use an absolute shitload of them.

I mean, if you're dealing with the scale Glastonbury is, it feels like you'll need that many.

Portaloo still feels to me like an improvement on Reading 2011's campsite toilet, which was an elevated hole above a pile. The site of several banknotes in it was an eye-opener, given this was my first trip to a major festival.

21 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

21 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

True. They’ve got enough notice to make it work tho. And leaving eight years between fallows probably wasn’t an option. 

I guess it was a long shot to stretch it to 2028 as even though they had unexpected fallow years in 2020 & 2021, I thought six Glastonbury fests for 2022-27 then a year off would be the going rate. But hey, it's their farm, they book whatever.

I assume tbf that logistical concerns for having it during the Euros will soon be made. Although Germany still held Rock am Ring, Rock im Park and Hurricane/Southside despite having the Euros this year, so maybe there is scope for it to work. Plus the nearest place to Glasto with games is Cardiff, which is still a fair bit down the road. Even moreso if the M4 is going to be as sh*t as it was for me when I went there last week.