JUSTICE!!!

spencer1981

4 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

To think I debated going because we'd seen them there in 2017. Perfect Sunday night headliner

I also debated as I thought it couldn't live up to 2017 and really wanted to see London Grammar on The Park.  Got up to The Park and stood on the periphery for 5 minutes - it was packed and really wasn't happy with my decision.  Decided I couldn't miss Justice and legged it to WH and managed to squeeze in to a really good spot.  Correct call in the end 😊

2 minutes ago, nikkic said:

That version of Chorus is still giving me the chills. 

I remember making note of it on here after Coachella w1. I actually thought it was a new tune blended into Chorus. But as you say, it's just a rework of the original and it. Kicks. Ass. People around me were making that that "ouch" face for the entire ten minutes.  

14 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

What made the set even better was the vibe. There's something about being in the right place on a Sunday night. Maybe it's the final summoning of whatever's left in the tank and giving it everything. It was f**king euphoric around us.

Agreed.  West Holts has a history of vibing on a Sunday night!  Great energy. 

I thought it would be way busier. I legged it from my tent in Oxlyers and got there 45 mins before they started and there was acres of room. Took up a spot about ten yards back from barrier right in the middle and it was f**king epic. I was solo and got chatting to a great group of girls from Bolton next to me, loads of space for dancing and they absolutely smashed it as always.

34 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

What made the set even better was the vibe. There's something about being in the right place on a Sunday night. Maybe it's the final summoning of whatever's left in the tank and giving it everything. It was f**king euphoric around us.

Agreed and not THAT many people living it through the phone screen.

Thousands of people just living in the moment etc .. lol

51 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

I thought it would be way busier. I legged it from my tent in Oxlyers and got there 45 mins before they started and there was acres of room. Took up a spot about ten yards back from barrier right in the middle and it was f**king epic. I was solo and got chatting to a great group of girls from Bolton next to me, loads of space for dancing and they absolutely smashed it as always.

You aren't just basing that on what it was like 45 minutes before?  (when only the swots and nerds turn up 😉 )

I turned up later and went to where I belong (with old people at the back) and the whole field looked very busy.

20240630_222504.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It was busy enough. Dunno if they shut the field a la Sugababes but the folk we knew who went to Romy (against our advice) were miles back off to the side.

We went to Romy and managed to get down to the toilets on the right past WH stage and back up to sound desk in time. 

Wasn’t too busy at that point, really started filling up after that though. 

3 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I remember making note of it on here after Coachella w1. I actually thought it was a new tune blended into Chorus. But as you say, it's just a rework of the original and it. Kicks. Ass. People around me were making that that "ouch" face for the entire ten minutes.  

Hope they release it (although doubt they will). 

Just HEAVY AF. 

Few of my mates (who didn’t go to Glasto) bought tickets to see them in Belgium off the back of the set. 

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Hope they release it (although doubt they will). 

Just HEAVY AF. 

Few of my mates (who didn’t go to Glasto) bought tickets to see them in Belgium off the back of the set. 

Hopefully they release another album of this live set like Woman Worldwide.

I'm excited to see it again at Field Day. Won't be the same vibe or sound quality but the tunes will slap.

Can’t believe Justice new for me - but I guess that’s what Glasto is for, expanding your horizons.

Just after my West Holts bar shifts (which I loved), this was the best possible reward and fortunately my 50 year old legs still had required bounce in them. Absolutely awesome set 🤩

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Franky said:

Yep we arrived late and couldn’t get close to the field. Stood on the path. Amazing set. 

Helped by the worst lineup I have ever witnessed on the Pyramid. 

Emily has a lot to answer for in my mind. Some shocking decisions made on every day of the weekend. 

Yeah Sunday was the worst lineup I've probably need on the Pyramid. Take Shania and Janelle out as its awful. Shania in my opinion, I liked her but she could have been booked for like a 4th or 3rd down slot on a different day or even on the Sunday with a different legend.

21 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

West Holts Sunday headliner is always a great vibe, it was the same at Bicep a few years ago.