JUSTICE!!!

spencer1981

26 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

West Holts Sunday headliner is always a great vibe, it was the same at Bicep a few years ago.

It’s almost always the place to be on Sunday at 10pm. Even last year, while the sheep battled to get a glimpse of Elton, Rudimental were bringing a proper party to West Holts 

4 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

It’s almost always the place to be on Sunday at 10pm. Even last year, while the sheep battled to get a glimpse of Elton, Rudimental were bringing a proper party to West Holts 

Category error here, skip.  Elton was also a proper party.  Crowd at that was significantly more mashed than the Justice crowd this year.

54 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Category error here, skip.  Elton was also a proper party.  Crowd at that was significantly more mashed than the Justice crowd this year.

Agree. Elton was mega. As was Justice

And Rudimental are awful. 

Edited by Jay Pee

8 hours ago, Skip997 said:

I think that’s unfair tbh… I’m far from a sheep - Elton’s been a part of our lives since forever, of course a lot wanted to see him.  

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

I think that’s unfair tbh… I’m far from a sheep - Elton’s been a part of our lives since forever, of course a lot wanted to see him.  

Yea I guess so. Just because I’ll never understand, no reason to diss others. Anyway it left the rest of us loads of room and it was easy to get into The Temple 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Glad they've added more of a light show now. Is it true that lighting rig collapsed a stage recently?

someone told me this so I googled. Apparently they nearly didn’t play primavera as the stage had issues with sinking but due to weather, not their rig. But apparently they fixed it and their show went ahead. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Yea I guess so. Just because I’ll never understand, no reason to diss others. Anyway it left the rest of us loads of room and it was easy to get into The Temple 

was in the temple for sub focus after Elton, once we’d packed away the camping chairs and picnic blanket 😉😂 

Edited by stuie
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Glad they've added more of a light show now. Is it true that lighting rig collapsed a stage recently?

The stage wasnt capable of handling their production and buckled under the weight which cancelled every performance on the stage that day at Primavera Porto. Shame on the festival for not knowing. Also, you watched a semi neutered performance at West Holts due to that stage not being high enough to hang everything. This is what its supposed to look like if set up right. Its why I figured they would play Other and not be on WH again.

7 minutes ago, stuie said:

someone told me this so I googled. Apparently they nearly didn’t play primavera as the stage had issues with sinking but due to weather, not their rig. But apparently they fixed it and their show went ahead. 

stage didnt sink and there was barely any rain at all. See above. Theres photos from the stage that show them trying to fix rigging. 

4 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

The stage wasnt capable of handling their production and buckled under the weight which cancelled every performance on the stage that day at Primavera Porto. Shame on the festival for not knowing. Also, you watched a semi neutered performance at West Holts due to that stage not being high enough to hang everything. This is what its supposed to look like if set up right. Its why I figured they would play Other and not be on WH again.

stage didnt sink and there was barely any rain at all. See above. Theres photos from the stage that show them trying to fix rigging. 

that’s what I read but there’s vids on YouTube of their performance so what happened? 

1 minute ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Oh yeah I know, I was whining about that for most of the weekend that they should be on the Other Stage.

Well, SZA should have been on Other stage really! 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

39 minutes ago, stuie said:

that’s what I read but there’s vids on YouTube of their performance so what happened? 

barcelona is not porto which is where the stage issues happened. You realize theres 2 Primavera Sounds?

4 hours ago, Suprefan said:

barcelona is not porto which is where the stage issues happened. You realize theres 2 Primavera Sounds?

I did not! Thank you 😀

11 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Just watched it back on iPlayer for the first time. Incroyable. 

And they said that 2017 couldn't be topped. Other Stage 2027. 

Watched it yesterday, brilliant. The old duffer in the cream baseball cap on the barrier near the end is me

Great set, up there with 2017 , 

Nia archives really got everyone going, preferred Moderat in 2017 as the act before. That's just my taste though.

it was strange, I was just to the right of the sound desk and had loads of room , right up to 10 minutes before they started and bang it was packed and couldn't move.

great sound, great light show, great crowd 

really went off

29 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

Great set, up there with 2017 , 

Nia archives really got everyone going, preferred Moderat in 2017 as the act before. That's just my taste though.

it was strange, I was just to the right of the sound desk and had loads of room , right up to 10 minutes before they started and bang it was packed and couldn't move.

great sound, great light show, great crowd 

really went off

Yeah the space was mad really - we went down for Nia Archives to get a spot but then sat by Goan curry for the entirety of set so everyone could find each other, had time to go to the toilet after it finished, then got down pretty much bang to the front without having to squeeze or anything, still loads of space until 10-15 mins before it started. I expected it to be packed from the beginning.

• Like 1

This set was immense! I expected the light show but for some reason didn’t go in with expectations around how good it would sound.. I still can’t find the words to describe how full and powerful the audio was. Set of the weekend for me.

Just rewatched on iplayer . Absolutely storming. Only slight criticism was it got really chocca where I was so very limited ability to dance much. 

filtered in from the west holts / goan fish side along the side wall right up to the front of the stage about 30 mins before set with no bother. We were right near the front to the right as you look at the stage. 

Unfortunately as it filled up behind us we started to get pinned in, and it was definitely sub-optimal conditions by set kick off. Still had a great time though

some of the live re-workings of the new album tunes (some of which I felt a bit meh on listening to album),  went off like a rocket live. Mashing some for then in with the more established older tunes also worked well. 

Back in 2017 or whenever it was the guy went into the crowd at the end , held up by arms, and smoked a ciggy while just taking it all in . Looked like he was gonna do it again at one point but then he turned back. Think I saw him vaping mid-set so maybe he has kicked the cigs, and didnt think the crowd held aloft vape would look as cool ha 

1 minute ago, internetjef said:
We were right near the front to the right as you look at the stage. 

Unfortunately as it filled up behind us we started to get pinned in, and it was definitely sub-optimal conditions by set kick off. Still had a great time though

I was right on the barrier, right side looking at the stage. There was loads of room