Arriving at Latitude

Shaunt

Never been to Latitude before and want to get there as early as possible. For tent people it says it opens at 10am on Thursday. Knowing the chaos and queues at Glastonbury how does it work at Latitude please? If we arrive at 9am, can you park at that time and then would you have a long queue to get in and how do you get your wristband. Appreciate any help you can give a virgin latituder!

I can only advise about the Family Camping entrance. Yes, you can get into the car park then and you will be fairly close to the front. There won’t be a massive queue and you would get through relatively quickly. The longest queue we’ve experienced was when they had to check Covid status, but otherwise it’s been good. 

15 hours ago, Shaunt said:

Never been to Latitude before and want to get there as early as possible. For tent people it says it opens at 10am on Thursday. Knowing the chaos and queues at Glastonbury how does it work at Latitude please? If we arrive at 9am, can you park at that time and then would you have a long queue to get in and how do you get your wristband. Appreciate any help you can give a virgin latituder!

Never been that early but I believe they have sorted queues and there is rarely trouble getting in. I expect you’d be ok at 9. The walk from the carpark to the tent where you get a wristband is a few minutes depending on how close you park. At 9 you should be quite close. The longest walk is from wristbands to camping but it’s nothing like the Glastonbury treck, it’s pretty level. I haven’t checked the map this year as I’m not going but the closer you camp to the arenas the further you will be from your car and generally it will be noisier.

Oh and possible tip, when I went a few years ago they weren’t allowing re entry from the car to the campsite with alcohol, so since then I’ve always made sure to take it on my first journey. You can make multiple journeys with other stuff though i.e. camping gear etc. 

The walk to the arena from tent is quite long and you have to go through bag check each time which can be a bit of a pain at peak times. If you are thinking of taking your own alcohol into the arena - get creative, they look!