Sound issues

crumbler

14 minutes ago, crumbler said:

What was going on this year? Shania and Cyndi Lauper seemed to have the same in-ear problems and SZA's voice was barely audible on the broadcast and LCD sounded like mush. Bad luck or just technical ineptitude? Did anyone else have issues?

Agreed with the other points, but LCD sounded awesome on the broadcast...?

I mean they dont have good sound crews or a good pa system anyway. If they would actually rent quality equipment you wouldnt had as many issues. The spread of towers at pyramid isnt aligned ideally for the best sound experience and if youre in the back its just gonna be quiet. And overall the volume isnt turned up anywhere. I rememver at wet leg in 22 and was at the barrier right by the pa stack and the crowd was singing louder than the music coming out of the speakers. Thats an issue. 

Way too bassy on some stages.  All you could hear was just thud thud thud.

Arcadia for Hot Chip DJ was good, then there was a weird 5 or ten minutes or so when all you could hear was bass.  And that was directly under the dragonfly head.

For Romy too it was too bass heavy for pretty much her whole set.  Which was a shame because her performance in Camden Roundhouse earlier this year was incredible.

6 hours ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Way too bassy on some stages.  All you could hear was just thud thud thud.

Arcadia for Hot Chip DJ was good, then there was a weird 5 or ten minutes or so when all you could hear was bass.  And that was directly under the dragonfly head.

For Romy too it was too bass heavy for pretty much her whole set.  Which was a shame because her performance in Camden Roundhouse earlier this year was incredible.

I dunno about 'too bassy' but Janelle Monae's bass was tooth-rattling. It had more oomph than Metallica's.

Heilung we had to leave because the sound was a disaster. For the first few minutes no vocals and ear bleeding bass.

They improved the vocals but then still left ridiculously overloaded bass for people to deal with.

My parents said they were amazing on TV which is a shame haha

Edited by Thunderstruck

Same spot this year for Justice as in 2017 when they last played, by the Brothers bar and definitely quieter..we moved to other side of stage, only slightly better but no where near as good,clear, loud as Bicep on West Holt's a few years ago. That was sound heaven!

We left the middle of Jungle on Friday as it was getting a bit "heavy" in there. Ended up by West Holts bar and was OK. 

For Justice we decided to walk around the edge until my anal ear for sound got a good speck which was bang in-between the repeaters. Wish we had gone there for Jungle now. You live and learn.