Sound issues

crumbler

42 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Sound for Dua one of the best I've ever heard the Pyramid. Genuinely spectacular.

Definitely agree with that, I was by the catwalk and the sound was so powerful and clear.. and her vocals sounded amazing, she has a great live voice and the whole thing had so much energy. 

On 7/2/2024 at 7:36 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

I dunno about 'too bassy' but Janelle Monae's bass was tooth-rattling. It had more oomph than Metallica's.

The base was far too loud at the front for Sugababes too. The front few rows were asking security for ear plugs (yeah I know).

16 minutes ago, doogie said:

The base was far too loud at the front for Sugababes too. The front few rows were asking security for ear plugs (yeah I know).

Isn't that often the problem with being at the front though? You're getting pummelled by the bass bins along the front of the stage

On 7/8/2024 at 6:08 PM, doogie said:

I don't mind it, the WH sound system absolutely slaps in my opinion, Justice sounded incredible. But you're better off not being right up the front, half way between the sound desk and stage is better I think.

Holts definitely has a sweet spot, but it's quite a big one IMO.  If you're beyond the path, close to the B Bar or quite a bit back behind the sound stages it can suffer, but elsewhere I've always found it to be great.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2024 at 9:48 AM, kpins said:

Sounded fine there too

Yeah, only just seen this thread and for me LCD were perfect, from start to finish, both musically and vocally. One of the best sets I've ever seen.

Cyndi Lauper vocals were a bit quiet/strained to begin with but seemed to improve as it went on. 

Only other sound issue I noticed was the background music was a bit too loud/distorted on the first couple of PJ Harvey songs but from thereon was okay. 

Some of the popular sets on Park were a bit of a struggle if you got caught further back (compounded by Stonebridge and Bimble Inn impacting the sound for those who were stuck further back).

But considering the scale and number of sets etc. it's amazing really how good the sound quality is in the main..

On 7/8/2024 at 10:16 AM, Wooderson said:

Sound for Dua one of the best I've ever heard the Pyramid. Genuinely spectacular.

Interesting you say this, I thought it was the worst I’d heard at Pyramid. Probably our own fault as we were quite far back, but we were pretty close to a repeater speaker and I swear it wasn’t on. 

7 hours ago, gordong said:

Interesting you say this, I thought it was the worst I’d heard at Pyramid. Probably our own fault as we were quite far back, but we were pretty close to a repeater speaker and I swear it wasn’t on. 

I often find it's the case that the sound isn't bad per se, just bad where you are. If you are able to move easily it can be worth trying moving to see if it improves. Obviously not possible for all acts but can sometimes save what seems like a hopeless situation.

I didn't experience any issues over the festival, I actually thought it was spot on at every show I went to, including a couple called out here (Black Pumas & Heilung).

The sound for Michael Kiwanuka was especially good, as was Voice of Baceprot in Woodsies.