Celebs that actually get it

angelin

38 minutes ago, monday said:

Not really a 'celeb' but Greg James was out and about amongst the crowd for a lot.

I saw Greg too, at Other Stage watching Tems. I think he has a far greater appreciation of music than we perhaps get to hear just on his breakfast show. Can of beer in hand, bumbag over shoulder, ended up chatting to him and he was as lovely as you’d hope. 

On 7/1/2024 at 9:31 AM, Yokel Again said:

One year saw Chris Martin in the theatre fields with one of his (then young) kids, just chilling out and enjoying stuff. 

I literally walked right into him in the Billie Eillish crowd at Other in 2019 at the end as I was leaving, just smiling to ear to ear and chatting with randoms.  I think he's genuinely just a really nice, down to earth bloke whose songwriting talent meant that he ended up playing stadiums and not middle schools with a christian rock band.

15 minutes ago, gorfield said:

Do all these celebs who are not performing have to sit there pressing F5 on ticket day? I have always wondered how they get tickets.

There are plenty of hospitality packages where you can camp in tipi’s, yurts, camper and etc with a ticket thrown in. 

There were a few people posting about it pre festival, some of them are 4 or 5 figures, but small change if you’re a millionaire. 

Then there’ll be some who simply get them for free. 

37 minutes ago, nikkic said:

There are plenty of hospitality packages where you can camp in tipi’s, yurts, camper and etc with a ticket thrown in. 

There were a few people posting about it pre festival, some of them are 4 or 5 figures, but small change if you’re a millionaire. 

Then there’ll be some who simply get them for free. 

Think this is the main issue at play. Just how many tickets are given away to the hospitality? It seems like absolutely thousands now. I'd love to see how this number has changed over the years. It just doesn't seem fair that a good percentage of tickets can be paid for by the rich.

• Like 1

In 2023 I was in a queue for the toilet & someone bumped into me. I recognised her, but didnt know how. We were talking for 5 mins. I told her that "I know you are famous, but I cant remember who you are"

She was laughing and was sound. I didnt have a camera cos I'd have asked for a photo (cos I really fancied her).. as she walked off she said "Check the paper in the week & you'll see who I am - have a great weekend"

It was Lilly James. Her mate was Billie Piper & I didnt recognise her at all 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

In 2023 I was in a queue for the toilet & someone bumped into me. I recognised her, but didnt know how. We were talking for 5 mins. I told her that "I know you are famous, but I cant remember who you are"

She was laughing and was sound. I didnt have a camera cos I'd have asked for a photo (cos I really fancied her).. as she walked off she said "Check the paper in the week & you'll see who I am - have a great weekend"

It was Lilly James. Her mate was Billie Piper & I didnt recognise her at all 

According to Wikipedia she was single then, missed opportunity to woo her over a pint of Brothers 

• Upvote 1