Your perfomance of the week

EFC1996

9 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Idles 

Most mental set I've ever seen in my life award goes to Fat white Family at woodsies. Was like watching a total mental breakdown to music. Haven't looked if it's on iplayer yet but trust me it's something else!

It’s on the iPlayer. If it was half as much fun there as it looked on television it will have been a highlight of the weekend for sure.

I'll give a special shout out to Lulu, and also Toyah, who were both wonderful in the Avalon Tent.  You could tell they just loved performing, and clearly weren't bothered it wasn't a "TV stage" - that's the spirit of Glastonbury for me.

I'm sure Kasabian would have been a highlight for me if I could have seen them... I was in Woodsies, but couldn't see the stage (or big screens!) from where I was - great atmosphere in crowd though.

Also loved Norman Cook appearing with Paul Heaton... Sleaze at the Bimble Inn... Primary School Assembly Bangers... and the weird performance of Freddie Mercury & Montserrat Caballé's "Barcelona", in a boat, at midnight, on the stream below the bridge by the Circus Field... love stumbling upon stuff like that!

Hard call. I saw so much and a lot of it accidentally coming across an act I hadn’t intended seeing. Really enjoyed ARXX at Greenpeace who were almost overwhelmed. Olivia Dean was magical. Skindred and Baby Queen both tore Avalon a new one, as expected. Keane also great I thought. Too tough to pick one. 

• Upvote 1

Didn’t see many acts this year, as we had a toddler who wasn’t very well weds/thurs, then made us unwell for the rest, but tried to make the best of the energy we had.

1. The Streets. Couldn’t have packed more into the 1hr set and Mikes humour and enthusiasm came across great live.

2. LCD Soundsystem. Having missed them in 2016 as I was shattered by Sunday evening, was adamant not to miss them this time. Great set and the conditions couldn’t have been much better this time.

18 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Hard call. I saw so much and a lot of it accidentally coming across an act I hadn’t intended seeing. Really enjoyed ARXX at Greenpeace who were almost overwhelmed. Olivia Dean was magical. Skindred and Baby Queen both tore Avalon a new one, as expected. Keane also great I thought. Too tough to pick one. 

Totally agree about ARXX - had never heard of them before but they were brilliant.

Dua Lipa was fantastic, I think Disclosure edged it for me though. Every single song was a banger and the Insomnia cover was ridiculous. Special mention to Confidence Man and Sugababes, and the Confidence Man DJ set at San Remo last night was also absolutely amazing. 

Shania Twain was my least enjoyable set of the weekend. Just nowhere near previous acts in that slot over the years in terms of crossover/bangers.