Your perfomance of the week

EFC1996

Black Pumas were great. Cracking jump off the stage (I'm sure it was further than he thought!), red arrows guest spot and those on stage Glasto emotions got hold of him at the very end. Can gloss over the call to want to get to know 'Scotland' better from one of the accompanying singers!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sawman said:

Jungle and the national were both really something but the double bill of the breeders (they did gigantic!) closely followed by liane la havas at the crows nest at sunset was truly amazing! 

That Crows Nest set by Lianne La Havas will have earnt her a booking surely. Wonderful voice. 

Genuinely surprised at the Coldplay love here. The staging, light show etc. were incredible, but the setlist and performance were bang average. Chris Martin’s interludes are way too long, the set built energy, then popped the balloon at least twice and the “special” bits were just a bit cringe. And for me, they left out 2-3 of their best songs. 5/10 IMO.

• Downvote 1

Is incredible reading through this thread and seeing how many people found so much of what they went to see absolutely smashed it, just such a consistent theme throughout the entire festival this year.

Favourites for me were in no particular order (although I could change this multiple times):

Fat Dog - went to strummerville based purely on internet recommendations, they were great, crowd were going nuts, I immediately ran down to shangri la where it was just as good

Coldplay - unexpectedly won me back over with that set, so fair play

The Go! Team - first time seeing them live and  were so great, Ninja a great front woman who is unbelievably energetic

Janelle Monae - Brilliant, what a performer. An absolutely incredible voice, a headline esque show in terms of outfits, her dancing, everything about it was top tier

The National - sounded so good, and reminded me why I was so into them several years ago. Don’t think I sung anything as hard all weekend as Bloodbuzz Ohio

11 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Genuinely surprised at the Coldplay love here. The staging, light show etc. were incredible, but the setlist and performance were bang average. Chris Martin’s interludes are way too long, the set built energy, then popped the balloon at least twice and the “special” bits were just a bit cringe. And for me, they left out 2-3 of their best songs. 5/10 IMO.

agree. Start was fantastic but second half utter drivel. Cringing to the point of being angry at it 

So many good sets, it felt like almost everything I opted for was gold and I was patting myself on the back. Turns out from this thread that it was wall to wall great performances.

Anyway... honorable mentions for Kiwanuka, Mary Wallopers, Soft Play, James, Scratch, Frank T at Strummerville, Black Pumas, Andrew O'Neill, Heilung, Mannequin Pussy & The Farm.

But my favourite set was Big Special.

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

So many good sets, it felt like almost everything I opted for was gold and I was patting myself on the back. Turns out from this thread that it was wall to wall great performances.

Same.  Friday I remember thinking I'd got great value out of the day and had one of my most full days of top tier gigs ever at Glastonbury on what my clashfinder had told me was going to be the quietest of my 3 days of gigs.  Saturday I didn't see as much but didn't see anything that wasn't great and Sunday was a repeat of Friday's gig after gig of absolute belters from start to finish.

The one thing I keep reading and thoroughly agree with is how much the artists were into it and how much the crowds were giving back.  I've found Glastonbury crowds in the last 10 years or so to largely be a bit tepid but that was never the case this year.

1. Jungle

2. Justice

3. Showhawk Duo (Thursday on the Bandstand)

4. Lottery Winners (Never heard of them - went on a recommendation from someone I meant on the other stage - Leader Singer is amazing

5. The Streets

Another fantastic week other highlights were Nothing but Thieves, Seventeen and Paul Heaton

Judy Collins. Simple performance, telling stories and playing songs from her own catalogue and from others. 85 years old and still the same voice. The one-two-three combo of Diamonds and Rust into Suzanne and then Mr. Tambourine Man reduced me to rubble. 

Then she was followed by Gipsy Kings who blew the roof off. Absolutely amazing capper to my first ever Glasto.

14 hours ago, Fingerbobs said:

Black Pumas were great. Cracking jump off the stage (I'm sure it was further than he thought!), red arrows guest spot and those on stage Glasto emotions got hold of him at the very end. Can gloss over the call to want to get to know 'Scotland' better from one of the accompanying singers!

Glad to hear this – were high on my list but just fell victim to a massively congested Saturday evening for me. Hopefully they'll be back!