Your perfomance of the week

EFC1996

Agree with other comments about the Go team.. I hadn’t seen them before and was blown away by their energy and how much fun they were having. They’re a great live band.

Also loved Moonchild Sanelly.. mainly went to see if RLT from Self Esteem would appear because I love Big Man (she didn’t appear but MS did do the song). I was super impressed with the whole set, the backing dancer / DJ was also fabulous.. some great ballroom / vogue moves! 

Thursday

His Lordship, Showhawk Duo

Friday

Voice of Baceprot, Squeeze, Asha Puthli, Squid, Paul Heaton, D:Rream, LCD Soundsystem, Heilung, Billy Bragg, Idles, Fontaines DC, Sleaze.

Saturday

Kneecap, Femi Kuti, The Skatalites, Afriquoi, Otoboke Beaver, Little Simz, Coldplay.

Sunday

Jayahadadream, Jalen Ngonda, Toyah & Robert, Steel Pulse, Frank Sanazi, Avril Lavigne, Hak Baker, Kim Gordon, Judy Collins, Gipsy Kings. 

OK so thats everyone, I think. A lot I was there for all of it. Some for half. A few for a couple of tunes.

Half of the people can be at part of the gigs all of the time,
Some of the people can be at all of the gigs part of the time,
But all of the people can't be at all of the gigs all of the time.

Top 5

LCD soundsystem - maybe my definitive sunset slot

Ocean colour scene - one of a handful of people who didn't see Coldplay. No regrets. First time seeing them and they were incredible.

Yard act - been a fan since the early days and they get better every time I see them. Woodsies was bouncing 

Confidence man - anything they can't do? Just get bigger and better every time. Had a packed other stage in absolute raptures

Angie McMahon - emotional set to start the weekend from Aussie singer songwriter 

Honourables - Rachel chinouriri, Fontaines DC, kneecap, lottery winners, BBC, bloc party, blondshell, Alvvays, Jessie ware

Watched back and/or would have seen if I could clone myself - the streets, justice, Romy, BCS, simz 

Everyone I saw 

Thursday

The Royston Club, Lambrini Girls

Friday

Voice of Baceprot, Squeeze, The Snuts, Barry Can’t Swim, Kenya Grace, The Vaccines, Scouting For Girls, Idles, Fontaines D.C

Saturday

Kneecap, High Vis, Mannequin Pussy, Cyndi Lauper, Soccer Mommy, Keane, Kasabian, Yard Act, The Streets, Coldplay

Sunday

The K’s, Soft Play, James, Shania Twain, Avril Lavigne

Top 5

Fontaines D.C
Soft Play

High Vis

Coldplay

Barry Can’t Swim

Surprise act goes to Kneecap

1. Dua Lipa

2. Avril Lavigne

3. Confidence Man

4. Shania 

5. The Feeling

But special mention for Frank Turner's Greenpeace set, the half of Romy that we saw (probably would be in the top 5 if we'd caught the full thing), Pixey on BBC Intro on a whim and the 25 mins of The Zutons we caught, it was great to see them again after so many years and they've definitely sold a ticket for a future gig! 

Edited by efcfanwirral

On 7/3/2024 at 10:11 PM, kaanypooch said:

Top 5

Ocean colour scene - one of a handful of people who didn't see Coldplay. No regrets. First time seeing them and they were incredible.

aaaah I'm jealous, I love them but couldn't miss Coldplay. I just looked at the setlist and you got an incredible one there, great mix of tracks

Edited by efcfanwirral

In no order my 5 would be -

LCD
Simz
Orbital
Kiwanuka
The Streets

Two surprises for me would be the Manfreds on Sat afternoon, which was a total Glastonbury hoot and Will Varley in the Leftfield on Sun who caught me at just the right moment and really tugged at the heart strings. I'd never heard of him before. Wonderful.

Edited by Wooderson