Closest thing to Glastonbury..

Gashead86

13 hours ago, BluesManP said:

Isn't boomtown full of 18 years olds like Reading and leeds?

To me Boomtown feels a bit like Glastonbury if you took away the Pyramid & Other stage.

Crowd is younger but still mixed, feels like plenty of festival regulars there who know their music nothing like Leeds, Reading & Creamfields. Stage sets, theming and actors are a step beyond Glastonbury. Food is nearly as good with a lot of familiar traders. Still feels like a big festival with openish main arena, but less crowded and easier to get around.

Entry security is strict (has to be for license) but can take in own alcohol (within limits) and once on-site it's generally pretty chilled.

Like Glastonbury it's all weekend tickets (+ sunday locals) with most staying onsite, think this adds to the 'in it together' atmosphere over festivals with a high proportion of day tickets..

Edited by I am Jon

2 hours ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

Does Green Man not also share that rather unfortunate Glastonbury trait of 'tickets sell out f**king immediately' these days?

Getting there, yeh. Ticket day is now a thing in that if you're not trying when they come on sale, you're not getting one as demand has (I think) now edged beyond capacity. Having said that, Glastonbury is like 1 in 10 get a ticket, probably more like 8 in 10 for Green Man. Absolute guess though, obviously.

Kicker is tickets do turn up on Fanticks if you can be flexible enough. Single or pairs of tickets can be an issue to get hold of, seems to mostly be groups/family bundles of tickets turning up.

On 7/1/2024 at 1:10 PM, Gashead86 said:
  • No 'arena', cannot stand being herded in and out of an area to see the acts! 
  • Relaxed attitude to bringing your own beer in, ie not forcing you to buy their warm piss water 
  • 'More than the music', cliche I know, but I do really love the fact that there is so much going on other than the music.. Cinema, circus, comedy, arts etc etc 
  • Afters, I have been to several festivals in my time where everything basically stops after the acts and you either make your own entertainment or go to bed! 
  • Atmosphere, the magical feel of the place makes it for me. Have again been to many an other festival (V, T etc) and always found them incredibly sterile by comparison 

Any larger euro psychedelic festival ticks all these boxes but the music will be limited to electronic and maybe a bit of ambient/dub.

Never an arena, never limits on bringing booze (or anything else) in, never heavy handed security if at all.

Plenty of talks, workshops, films, yoga, ceremonies, walkabout, art galleries etc.

Almost always 24 hour music.

Almost always in a beautiful location e.g. with lake or river to swim in or mountains/forests.

9 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

What differed in the first 24 hours compared to the rest of the festival?

I think I did just feel really old on the first night tbh. Then I got over myself and had the best time ever!

Tbf I think I maybe needed to explore in daylight first to kind of get my bearings and get used to it before going headlong into the downtown nightlife. Once I’d got into it, I loved all of it. I just needed about 24 hours to get my head round it.

All Together Now - Ireland

- No arena as such (ie. no checks or security between main stages area and campsites)

- Can bring alcohol wherever you want

- Various food/comedy/art/poetry/wellness things

- several smaller stages going until 4am (and a few unofficial ones later)

- set in the grounds of a country estate, plenty of wooded areas and scenery

- 25k capacity, age profile similar to Glastonbury, skews more towards mid-20s upwards, probably mostly people in their 30s but a good mix of all ages

lineup this year:
ATN24+-+MAY+21.png

Times/stages for last year:
https://clashfinder.com/s/atn2023/

ATN+-+site.png?format=2500w

Lorde-at-All-Together-Now-2023.-Photo-by

event-curraghmore-all-together-1080x1080

ATN23-LINE-UP-ANNOUNCE.png?resize=1080,1

ATN+2022+-+Line-up.png

0_ATN_June_Announce.png

Edited by ghostdancer1
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2024 at 11:42 AM, LinvoyPrimus said:

Does Green Man not also share that rather unfortunate Glastonbury trait of 'tickets sell out f**king immediately' these days?

See my other post on page 1 (sorry cant figure out how to copy multiple quotes from different pages)