Celebs that don't get it

BookAngel

Some of my pals came in on local Sunday tickets, got a pic up by the Glastonbury sign and then just watched football... didn't catch a single act before leaving... totally bizarre 

Nick Grimshaw was in audience for Dua Lipa and spent entire time lemon faced and using his phone before leaving maybe 15 mins early to go to Charli XCX

Edited by Fighter

1 hour ago, BookAngel said:

Apparently ex-One Direction parasite Louis Tomlinson had a big screen tv and generator couriered in and hosted the game in his campsite close to the Pyramid. He can get in the longdrops.

What did he miss though? Avril Lavigne was pretty good tbf but the rest of the lineup around the time of the match was utter arse water. It's one of the weakest Glasto Sundays of all time. 

I'd have watched the match too if I was there given the chance. There wasn't a great deal to drag my attention away. It finished in plenty of time for Justice too.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, 1986 said:

Yeah don’t see the problem. The festival didn’t want to put it on which makes sense but if less than 1% of the festival want to gather round a TV let them get on with it. 

Agreed. It didn't look like a mahoosive crowd anyway, and given that Nothing But Thieves & Avril Lavigne during the England game had big crowds looking at photos, seems like enough were happy to leave them too it.

That 1D kid seems like a normal lad for someone with such fame. He's often out and about amongst it. Has had a fair amount of personal tradegy in his life. Well deserves the benefit of the doubt on this one 

The celebs who don't get it are the ones we don't come across as they stay between the pyramid/other backstage like Corden 

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't know him if I walked into him, thankfully.

There does seem to be a bigger influx of celebrities and, much worse, 'influencers'. Clocked a few from round here staying in some offsite hospitality that looked like a holiday resort, all paid for through sponsorship.

A worrying trend

2 minutes ago, mufcok said:

I wouldn't know him if I walked into him, thankfully.

There does seem to be a bigger influx of celebrities and, much worse, 'influencers'. Clocked a few from round here staying in some offsite hospitality that looked like a holiday resort, all paid for through sponsorship.

A worrying trend

Nowt much the fest can do about it. If people gain popularity then turn themselves into a brand, or sell their integrity to promote brands for money, it’s going to happen.

12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Trying to give the benefit of the doubt here - how do you know the influences are there if you don't follow them on social media yourself?

Mails sidebar and front page is full of it and those same 'influencers' who last week were all hunter wellies and glitter makeup this week are in designer tennis gear for wimbledon, it must be a hard life for them. Oxygen thieves the lot of them.

Edited by ICESTONE
appalling spelling

Just now, ICESTONE said:

Mails sidebar and front page is full of it and those same 'influencers' who last week were all hunter wellies and glitter makeup this week are in designer tennis gear for wimbledon, it must be a hard life for them. 

OK. Reading the Daily Mail to get wound up about Glastonbury is it.