Car Stolen

TeaandBiology

Worst end to the festival I could have imagined; rolled all the gear back to the pink car park to find my Land Rover Defender had been stolen. What's more, thieves removed the apparently-not-so-hidden live GPS tracker and placed it into another car, so the Avon n' Somerset police were sent on a merry chase this morning, helicopter included, after some poor other innocent reveller. I'm sure the thieves will have a bit of a chuckle at that... 

Anywho, apparently an entire convoy of Land Rovers and other vehicles were stolen by Friday, largely from the pink car parks, last spotted up in Staffordshire somewhere. No doubt entirely stripped to bits now, never to be recovered.

Posting to vent, but also in the remote hope of reaching out to the half a dozen or more other victims in hope of maybe coordinating info (pursuing CCTV footage etc.).

Off home via the train for a long cry in a bath now. Eep!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TeaandBiology said:

Worst end to the festival I could have imagined; rolled all the gear back to the pink car park to find my Land Rover Defender had been stolen. What's more, thieves removed the apparently-not-so-hidden live GPS tracker and placed it into another car, so the Avon n' Somerset police were sent on a merry chase this morning, helicopter included, after some poor other innocent reveller. I'm sure the thieves will have a bit of a chuckle at that... 

Anywho, apparently an entire convoy of Land Rovers and other vehicles were stolen by Friday, largely from the pink car parks, last spotted up in Staffordshire somewhere. No doubt entirely stripped to bits now, never to be recovered.

Posting to vent, but also in the remote hope of reaching out to the half a dozen or more other victims in hope of maybe coordinating info (pursuing CCTV footage etc.).

Off home via the train for a long cry in a bath now. Eep!

What a sh*t end to the festival for you, sorry.

Enjoy your bath and hopefully a good nights sleep.

Sorry to hear this, even before opening the thread, after seeing the title I thought, 'bet it was a Defender'.

You can't leave them in any sort of long term car park anymore where people know you're going to gone for a while. They're the perfect balance for thieves as they're easy to steal and disassemble vs worth a fair amount of money.

My friend got back from their holiday, their Defender was stolen straight out the airport car park.

From an ITK pal:

Defenders (new ones. can't speak for others) won't be stripped, they'll get hidden then shipped. Good money in it. My brother's got stolen, but was made too hot on social and then it was spotted hidden in some woodland covered in camo netting and leaves so he went to retrieve

Maybe social is the way forward?

Edited by Superscally

2 hours ago, august1 said:

Crazy this.

Wasn't it land rovers that all got stolen last year?

It was, I think they were stripping them of parts in the car part last year, from what I remember reading on here?

Edited by Blownimpression
Added link for last years thread