Car Stolen

TeaandBiology

3 hours ago, northernangel said:

And I thought the entitled car parking staff not letting pink passes into orange at 4pm but at 5pm it was okay was rubbish! Hope you catch them and string them up! Sending love 

All the passes were pink coloured - it as pot luck where you end up. 

10 hours ago, sedra said:

All the passes were pink coloured - it as pot luck where you end up. 

Not according to car park staff. I've always come in from cannards grave roundabout and turn left into orange. Not everyone was pink, saw orange. We were told orange was reserved which was a load of shite. They closed it Tuesday night then reopened the back of it for public arriving Wed morning later than earlier...no sense.

42 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Not according to car park staff. I've always come in from cannards grave roundabout and turn left into orange. Not everyone was pink, saw orange. We were told orange was reserved which was a load of shite. They closed it Tuesday night then reopened the back of it for public arriving Wed morning later than earlier...no sense.

sounds like a training issue or a deliberately we are using that as a reason for now issue ... heard the same before we left . have parked in orange before as others did this year so clearly not the case ... definately 100% you get put in either despite the pass having a pink border , totally irrelevant 

49 minutes ago, northernangel said:

All of the public parking passes are pink it doesn’t have any relevance to where you’re parked. 
There are various other parking passes for staff, performers, hospitality etc and their car parks will be reserved for them. 
It is a lottery approaching from the West whether you are put in pink or orange. When one field fills all of the staff have to move to another field to get ready to park everyone up. If they stopped letting cars in whilst they did that the roads would be chaos. This is why they alternate between orange and pink at busy times. 
I think that it’s sad to call the car parking attendants entitled when they are doing their job getting everyone in as smoothly as they do. Sounds to me that it’s the other way round. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, tarw said:

All of the public parking passes are pink it doesn’t have any relevance to where you’re parked. 
There are various other parking passes for staff, performers, hospitality etc and their car parks will be reserved for them. 
It is a lottery approaching from the West whether you are put in pink or orange. When one field fills all of the staff have to move to another field to get ready to park everyone up. If they stopped letting cars in whilst they did that the roads would be chaos. This is why they alternate between orange and pink at busy times. 
I think that it’s sad to call the car parking attendants entitled when they are doing their job getting everyone in as smoothly as they do. Sounds to me that it’s the other way round. 

It's not the other way round lol. 

1 hour ago, tarw said:

Yes exactly.

I'd also point out that the assumption that "I got there early, I should be closer" is bollocks. The festival don't want everyone rushing to arrive early, as it creates headaches. In an ideal world for them, arrivals would be evenly spread starting from 8am Wednesday through to some time Friday morning. But that's not realistic so instead they'll just fill fields in the way that makes most logistical sense ie. as you describe.

17 hours ago, William Mann said:

That’s bloody awful. Feel terrible. The place is like Fort Knox so you’d think they could stop car theft! 

No it isn't, and most car park stewards are volunteers who are only there for the sole purpose of gaining a ticket to the fest. Not saying they do a bad job, far from it, but they're way off qualified to spot and prevent car theft and organised crime.

Sadly nothing Fort Knox about it all.

Edited by Cooter

7 minutes ago, Cooter said:

No it isn't, and most car park stewards are volunteers who are only there for the sole purpose of gaining a ticket to the fest. Not saying they do a bad job, far from it, but they're way off qualified to spot and prevent car theft and organised crime.

Yeah the only other options .. increased security guards which potentially comes at cost … don’t think Avon and somerset police are going to be patrolling car parks 

17 hours ago, Cooter said:

I think that the car parking is not staffed by volunteers but by paid staff. 
It wouldn’t be their responsibility to prevent thefts it would be down to security that have cctv in the car parks and have patrols. 

1 hour ago, tarw said:

I think that the car parking is not staffed by volunteers but by paid staff. 
It wouldn’t be their responsibility to prevent thefts it would be down to security that have cctv in the car parks and have patrols. 

I meant the general volunteer standabout staff of which there are loads at the exits/entrances. Yes you're correct they are patrolled by paid security, which makes it seem quite strange this stuff happens at all.

Edited by Cooter

On 7/1/2024 at 7:26 PM, Chawk said:

Sorry to hear this, even before opening the thread, after seeing the title I thought, 'bet it was a Defender'.

Yes, unfortunately this is entirely predictable.

I do wonder, with all the issues and the crazy insurance prices, what could possibly be so good about them to make it worth using one as your vehicle? Genuinely don't know.

Really sorry to hear this, but as someone else said up the thread I knew on opening it that this would be a Land Rover after what happened last year. 

We parked in West 55 (pink) arriving on Thursday afternoon, I had to do a couple of trips so went back to the car at quiet times. Very few people around and no security presence. I drive a classic BMW M3 which are becoming rare, so was worried about my own vehicle, 

It's complete organised criminality, with the perps knowing that your vehicle will be alone for 4-5 days.  I would advise anyone with a Land Rover not to take it to Glastonbury. 

1 hour ago, TiZuff said:

wtf how do they steal so many cars from a car park without getting caught?!

I assume they pay security guards but most I walk past are huddled up with a hoodie on and look like they are recovering from a heavy night ? Or asleep taking easy money. 

23 hours ago, Amdsjbtbd said:

I also left the festival Monday morning to find out my van had been stolen. Was in the car park at 8:20 and was walking around all day until I finally accepted it had been stolen at 18:15. Security were no help at all.

That’s so sh*t, have you heard anything since? 

On 7/2/2024 at 3:29 PM, Cooter said:

No it isn't, and most car park stewards are volunteers who are only there for the sole purpose of gaining a ticket to the fest.

They are paid roles, Tracsis Events do the parking.

On 7/2/2024 at 3:39 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

Yeah the only other options .. increased security guards which potentially comes at cost … don’t think Avon and somerset police are going to be patrolling car parks 

Security do patrol, however there are only a limited resource and can't be everywhere.

5 hours ago, dulcificum said:

Yes, unfortunately this is entirely predictable.

I do wonder, with all the issues and the crazy insurance prices, what could possibly be so good about them to make it worth using one as your vehicle? Genuinely don't know.

At least in my case, it was to be used as a research expedition vehicle across Africa from September. Land Cruisers aside, there are few vehicles which are as reliable (well... ), easy-to-fix, serviceable worldwide, and capable of tolerating as wide a range of terrain and conditions as a Defender is. Given modern emissions and other manufacturing and regulatory standards, contemporary vehicles simply aren't up-to-snuff for that sort of thing, at least not cheaply. Hence, amongst other reasons, the demand for old Defenders. Alas!