2025 Stage Predictions

archiegow

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Libertines really playing 3rd down pyramid these days?

I know they are friends of festival ish but would be a piss poor booking they headline like 5k capacity festivals at the minute

Those pyramid / other headline pairings would work well

I think Libertines are having a bit of a resurgence. They’re selling out academy tours and the new album is pretty good. Do you think the 3 this year are that much bigger? There’s always a few subject placements on main and these days I’d think they’ll try get more friends of the festival in to save money on bookings because everything is getting more expensive for festivals especially if they’re booking ORod and Stevie or Eminem. Equally, they could just do an Other stage slot of headline Woodsies and you can slot someone else in there. I just wanted to try be realistic on who is going to be around next summer. Like you could easily put Sabrina Carpenter in there but are they really going to afford to book her, Olivia and Chappell Roan. 

2 minutes ago, foolee said:

I think Libertines are having a bit of a resurgence. They’re selling out academy tours and the new album is pretty good. Do you think the 3 this year are that much bigger? There’s always a few subject placements on main and these days I’d think they’ll try get more friends of the festival in to save money on bookings because everything is getting more expensive for festivals especially if they’re booking ORod and Stevie or Eminem. Equally, they could just do an Other stage slot of headline Woodsies and you can slot someone else in there. I just wanted to try be realistic on who is going to be around next summer. Like you could easily put Sabrina Carpenter in there but are they really going to afford to book her, Olivia and Chappell Roan. 

Not sure the three this year were much bigger but they are on the rise at least.

I like the libertines but they are way past it. Selling out an academy tour isn't much, 3pm other stage indie bands are also able to do that e.g. circa waves, sea girls, even the hunna etc

I could fully see them getting booked at 3rd down pyramid regardless of what I say but think 3rd down other is probably more appropriate given what they sell nowadays

• Upvote 1