Legends Slot 2025

FestiHead

Take That? I do think the legend slot is almost as big as the headliner slot, probably bigger if its a familiar Sunday afternoon singalong, it would go down as an all time classic in the light on a Sunday afternoon and would look ace on the BBC, Just as good as if they were to headline, they would get more exposure/PR in that slot than a headline slot I think. 

Simon & Garfunkel - not a duet at the moment. And likely never to be. Honestly, Simon was knackered in 2011, so I daren't guess the state of him 2025. 

Billy Joel - Still a legit headliner in my mind. Certainly has the material for it.

Take That and/or RW - there's an inevitably to it, that I would like to get them out the way.

Spice Girls - I'm all for it tbh. The idea that we have to wait until artists are so ancient they cannot sing anymore is old hat now.

Stevie Nicks - Legit legend

Cher - Ditto

If either if these two are active, give it to them.

Duran Duran - I know there's ego involved, but they're not headlining. Personally I'd think they'd make a much better sub than a legend.

Could fully get on board with Cher (feels like an extremely long shot), Stevie Nicks, Duran Duran, Robbie.

Stevie in particular would be unreal. But Robbie might be the preferred option as I’m getting f**king bored of being surrounded by people who don’t know or care about who’s on and just chat with their mates the whole time.

A Glasto ticket is a lot of money, but it is still ridiculously cheap when you compare to almost every other festival due to:

1. You can take your own booze and food wherever you go, so effectively you don't really have to spend a penny whilst you are there if you don't want to

2. Its a five day festival now, most get there on Wednesday now so much longer than any other festival, a proper 5 day holiday

3. It has over 100 'stages' !

4. There is so much more to do outside the music with all the other areas and late night entertainment, Arcadia, SE corner, Strummerville, Kidsfield, Theatre and Circus, Greenfields, etc,etc.... not found in most other festivals. Its really a 24 hour festival now

5. Free programme!

6. You can get cheap food if you look for it, either with the £6 meal deals, or the on-site bakeries and Coop, etc.