Legends Slot 2025

FestiHead

23 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

Wouldn't put it past them having him headline nevermind the legend slot. Didn't he headline Isle of Wight last summer? 

He's not for me at all but I'm sure he'd be popular for the masses. 

From what I've seen of RW and his famous ego, I kinda get the impression that at this point he'd prefer the legends slot to a headliner. It can draw almost as much (and sometimes more) attention / excitement, but carries infinitely less pressure or chance of a blowback. Feel like he'd absolutely revel in the role.

Edited by incident

37 minutes ago, Superscally said:

It's not a band slot. 😘

Never has been. 

All those bands listed there though, I'd bite your hand off for. 

You could have them as heads and subs at A festival and you'd be loving that. Give me that!

I will take that it's never been a band slot and raise you an ELO in 2016

Take That would be brilliant. 

41 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

I will take that it's never been a band slot and raise you an ELO in 2016

Take That would be brilliant. 

Been discussed before. It's not a band. Hasn't been in a real sense since 86 when Jeff Lynne disbanded it and since 2014 is now very much him with backing musicians plus one minor former member. It's like calling Liam Gallagher "Oasis".

Edited by Superscally

Cannot stand Robbie Williams or Take That, and would be miles away from either - but I’d say he’s far more likely than they are. He’s played before, is desperate for the legend slot, and perhaps most importantly isn’t a tax dodging Tory prick and the most boring man on earth. 

ugh, I’ve stuck up for Robbie Williams in a conversation, I feel dirty 🤣 

anyways, TLDR: it’ll be Wobbie next year 

6 hours ago, Superscally said:

It's not a band slot. 😘

Never has been. 

All those bands listed there though, I'd bite your hand off for. 

You could have them as heads and subs at A festival and you'd be loving that. Give me that!

You’re right of course but it doesn’t mean it can’t be a band slot…

9 hours ago, sisco said:

If it’s Robbie or Spice Girls I could be the biggest crowd ever.  Kylie was ridiculous and I think they’d both eclipse that 

Capacity is higher than Kylie's year so thats easily attainable. Add in the expanded grounds at the Pyramid field and theyll think about using the drone during that slot for a change. 

13 hours ago, kh24 said:

If Tracy Chapman enjoyed herself at the Grammys and by some miracle could be persuaded, then I’d be there, belting out Fast Car and waving my lighter to Baby Can I Hold You

That's the dream booking for me well that or a Joni jam and I'm not sure that will ever happen on this side of the pond.

• Upvote 1