Legends Slot 2025

FestiHead

7 hours ago, Iphigenia said:

The way the lineups have been going, and the type of acts they're putting in big slots, I predict the Venga Boys will be the legends😅

I was at download a couple of years ago, despite being a fairly big metal fan of many years I’d never been - but I finally made the pilgrimage!
was at the late night disco one night and ok, I understand all the emo/early 2000’s stuff is right out of my wheelhouse, fine - I know there’ll be loads of My Chemical Romance and other eyeliner stuff, it won’t be all Slayer and Black Dahlia Murder like I’d want - alright! fair enough, it’s still under the big loose banner of metal, or metal adjacent. 
what I absolutely didn’t bargain for at all was the entire tent going f**king tonto for the Vengabus. I instantly felt both a hundred years old, and a really long way right out of my comfort zone 🤣

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Superscally said:

Accept no substitute 

Screenshot_20240713_001147_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240713_001124_Chrome.jpg

This is the stuff of dreams.  The problem is she'd either need to strip some of that to fit the Legend timeslot, or chuck in Sara and Don't Stop for a full headline set.  I think I'd feel short-changed with the former tbh.....give her Sunday night and the time to give us everything.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, sisco said:

Isn’t it Chaka Khan?

Actually, that was pretty much what the interview with her said, right? 

Would be happy with her doing it, although I expect they’d want someone bigger and she’d be on beforehand. 

On 7/13/2024 at 9:31 AM, parsonjack said:

This is the stuff of dreams.  The problem is she'd either need to strip some of that to fit the Legend timeslot, or chuck in Sara and Don't Stop for a full headline set.  I think I'd feel short-changed with the former tbh.....give her Sunday night and the time to give us everything.

Not sure why she'd do a Fleetwood Mac song she doesn't sing... There's also plenty of stuff you can strip, but i don't think you'd need much - wasn't paying full attention to my watch, but think all of that came in at 1.5 hours, with an end of set/start of encore break, and at least 20 minutes of her extended ramblings between songs.

I was thinking no chance for Annie Lennox, but I see it’s not impossible: “I’m not retiring from anything,” Lennox said. “I’m just stepping back because I spent decades on the road. And at the age of 68, I’m very fortunate in that I can do sort of one-off appearances now and then.

On 7/16/2024 at 7:21 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

The choice of Mrs c😉. Having said that he’s got a fair amount of sing a longs, the pyramid field full of robin hood costumes. 😊

I dunno quite a lot of the crowds are born way after that song and does it get much airplay to younger audiences? 

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Toto are touring this summer in Europe. Rumours there's another tour in Europe next year too.

Would love to see them on the Farm. Maybe too obscure for the Legend Slot?

With the exception of One More Time by Daft Punk, there's not another song that would go off more on The Pyramid than Africa.