Legends Slot 2025

FestiHead

1 hour ago, MK1 said:

Tracy Chapman. If she's going on tour again.

1 hour ago, Yokel Again said:

yes please

I wouldn't mind her tbh, but in terms of Pyramid crowd singalong bangers, everyone is waiting for Fast Car and that's it. 

2 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Nah, she's got 'Acoustic' stamped all the way through her like a stick of Margate rock

Can't think of much that would divert me away from Tracy Chapman headlining the acoustic.  Potentially incredible.  One can dream.

Edited by 4AssedMonkey

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

Nah, she's got 'Acoustic' stamped all the way through her like a stick of Margate rock

We don't do rock in Margate these days - we're more into smashed avocado on toast and mojitos.

7 minutes ago, stuie said:

We don't do rock in Margate these days - we're more into smashed avocado on toast and mojitos.

I'd heard white bean puree was the new, environmentally conscious alternative to smashed avocado (disappears up own arse...)

Totally random one - Simply Red? Was randomly singing fairground the other morning as it popped into my head. I'm by no means a fan but they have some very recognisable tunes and are touring next year.  After 10 seconds of investigating I think they have played once in 1986. Would they be classed as legends? I guess they would for some people but maybe not for the masses.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Totally random one - Simply Red? Was randomly singing fairground the other morning as it popped into my head. I'm by no means a fan but they have some very recognisable tunes and are touring next year.  After 10 seconds of investigating I think they have played once in 1986. Would they be classed as legends? I guess they would for some people but maybe not for the masses.

2025 is the 40 aniversary of SR

3 hours ago, Dave_c said:

INABS

Also...

Complete shite.

16 hours ago, Dave_c said:

Actually, yes. That'd be brilliant. Never thought of them as Headliners, but it could work.

On 9/17/2024 at 9:28 AM, The Nal said:

Hes 77. 10 years older than Grandad from Only Fools and Horses. 

Heres another one.

I’ve seen DG quite a few times with Floyd and solo and that is the first time I’ve heard him struggling, and it doesn’t sound good. Hopefully it’ll improve as the tour progresses - as it did for Jeff Lynne. I’d be gutted if I’d forked out a few hundred sheets to see him do this sh*t at the RAH, but I didn’t