Legends Slot 2025

FestiHead

37 minutes ago, incident said:

There's literally been press articles (yes, of debatable reliability) saying she's "in meaningful talks" to do it, so I'm not sure why you think it's a surprise we'd consider the possibility.. And nobody has said headline.

I meant the legend slot being a headliner. press article likely based on this forum. 

It could happen of course. and if it does I hope its a success 😀

34 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

How do you know Cher wouldn't deliver?

I don't TBH. and I also just checked and didn't realise she has toured in 2020. 

I have seen some recent YouTube clips and it was a miming mess. There have been a few acts recently that been a bit depressing due to them being past it. Cher could smash it I hope she would.

I hope, if she plays, she delivers. I'd be there.

Edited by danbailey80

32 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

How do you know Cher wouldn't deliver?

It's a fair challenge. I think I should have said that Cher wouldn't deliver for me. I think the miming big show can absolutely deliver if you are in the pit and having a whale of a time as I was for Dolly. If you are at the back chilling as I was for Shania and Diana then it is less successful. 

6 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

The only small group of people in the world that have even considered the possibility of Cher, who doesn't tour anymore, can't sing and now mimes to headline a major festival is efestivals. 😂

Yep the field would be rammed. Would it be any good? Nope

it’s been discussed on Glasto Chat and y’know… the other place, quite extensively.  We’re not just a weird bunch of Cher fans! 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

The only small group of people in the world that have even considered the possibility of Cher, who doesn't tour anymore, can't sing and now mimes to headline a major festival is efestivals. 😂

Definitely not my cup of tea. But they want a big name and a full field for the Legends Slot with everyone drunkenly singing "do you beliiieeeve..."

8 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

I thought you were talking about the oasis reunion for a second 

• Upvote 1