Legends Slot 2025

FestiHead

15 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Id take that

Would love Roger at Glasto. Headline Acoustic maybe? Saw him at Royal Albert Hall. Sold it out. 

He's written a load of great songs. Is solo stuff such as 'Had a Dream' album is also great prog rock/ pop music. 

Edited by danbailey80

2 hours ago, sfroml said:

Public Enemy for the Legends Slot......

Em No

Would be a criminal waste of a fantastic live act who completely smashed it on WH the year the Stones played. 

Yea bring them back but as headliners on either WH or the Other 

13 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I know they smashed the Other headline slot the other year, which arguably shows where the festival considers their currency. But Pet Shop Boys would have been a good Legends Slot.

Possibly work much better under cover of darkness though.

I think they're definitely an act where you want the full production.

Without the staging / lighting, it'd almost be 2 blokes standing still for 75 minutes.

Yeah, it does come with the spectacle as such.

Hmmm... Tears for Fears then. One of the biggest albums of 1985, celebrates its anniversary. Not saying you play it in full, but gives them a timely sell.

Everybody Wants to Rule the World

2 Change

Mad World

No Small Thing

5 Break It Down Again

Head Over Heels

Sowing the Seeds of Love

The Tipping Point

Suffer the Children

10 Secret World

11 Women in Chains

12 Advice for the Young at Heart

13 Pale Shelter

14 Creep

15 Shout

I'd be well up for Tears for Fears.  Tarred with a bit of an 80s brush but they have some genuinely great tunes, and Tipping Point was one of my top albums of 2022.

@stuartbert two hats put me on to this podcast in general and this one in particular, picks apart what makes Everybody Wants To Rule The World such a damn fine song

https://strongsongspodcast.com/episode/everybody-wants-to-rule-the-world-by-tears-for-fears

Strong songs is a great, great podcast! Though it has made me critically analyse various parts of songs i really love, to try and distil why i like em 😄 i absolutely love a resolving melody, its so satisfying, and i had to be told why i love the things i love. Its made me appreciate Kate Bush even more, the episode on her was splendid. Wish he'd cover more heavy stuff, though . . . 

2 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Strong songs is a great, great podcast! Though it has made me critically analyse various parts of songs i really love, to try and distil why i like em 😄 i absolutely love a resolving melody, its so satisfying, and i had to be told why i love the things i love. Its made me appreciate Kate Bush even more, the episode on her was splendid. Wish he'd cover more heavy stuff, though . . . 

Of course you do 😉

There's definitely some episodes I have to skip, as he's just talking in terms that I don't understand in the least! But some of them are great, particularly loved the ones he did on Africa and Call Me Al