Legends Slot 2025

FestiHead

1 minute ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

He is? Huh. Missed that.

Weird they've not gone looking for him yet, unless they're set on no repeats and want to keep their powder dry for a little longer.

My assumption is that they're keeping him up their sleeve for now, with a preference for going for more elderly acts whilst they're still around to do it. 

Shania is an exception to that, but it's very much not the rule.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

My assumption is that they're keeping him up their sleeve for now, with a preference for going for more elderly acts whilst they're still around to do it. 

Shania is an exception to that, but it's very much not the rule.

Seems like common sense to me.

33 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, Dionne Warwick, Rod Stewart, Ringo Starr all well old but still active...

Edited by Avalon_Fields

2 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Re: Robbie Williams - one of those who straddles the Legends line and outright headliner for me. If we had Kylie do the former in the end, it is probably where he goes - but he's had an obscene number of hits, and famously the ego to match. I don't know if he would accept it, providing there was a sniff of Pyramid headline in the offering. (Not about the money, I'd wager - but about the prestige.)

He's looking for his legacy now, do he would be happy in the legends slot. He has a movie of his life out next year so perhaps that's the time for him to do it.

18 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, Dionne Warwick, Rod Stewart, Ringo Starr all well old but still active...

Of that lot I'd only really single out Rod to do the slot.  Bob and Willie have both played the Pyramid already in different slots and the former is incredibly ill-suited to it.  Dionne is still fab and they should get her on the Pyramid asap but she wouldn't need to be limited to doing the Legend.