Legends Slot 2025

FestiHead

1 minute ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Didn't ELO play a few years back?

Yes, and that almost proves the rule given that the festival even felt the need to fudge the billing, ie calling it "Jeff Lynne's ELO".

8 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Didn't ELO play a few years back? Sufjan Stevens is also very guitar heavy.

No, Jeff Lynne's ELO did. Not a band anymore. Just Jeff Lynne and backing. 

Was that Sufjan thing for me? If so, I'm confused at the link? 😄

10 hours ago, Quark said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not pushing for Toto in the slot. Just the question of how much Africa would get a crowd pop!

Solid, well-structured counter argument. 10/10, no notes 😉

Why not both? Either side of Stevie Nicks...

32 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Why not both? Either side of Stevie Nicks...

A-Ha 3rd down would be one for the ages.

A thought that made me laugh and would give Skip a coronary was the idea of doing a legends slot that's just 10 one-hit wonders appearing one after the other, dropping the one song that bought their house, and then pissing off again. A carousel of ridiculousness.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Quark said:

A thought that made me laugh and would give Skip a coronary was the idea of doing a legends slot that's just 10 one-hit wonders appearing one after the other, dropping the one song that bought their house, and then pissing off again. A carousel of ridiculousness.

The Legends Slot, sponsored by Rewind Festival.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Quark said:

A-Ha 3rd down would be one for the ages.

As long as I can pick the one hit wonders 

Edited by Skip997

15 minutes ago, incident said:

The Legends Slot, sponsored by Rewind Festival.

We did the rewind once, I repeat once. Never again. Awful, the village people, well five blokes dressed like them,  miming toYMCA. There’s always one act that attracts folk. 

38 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Yes, he has an upcoming tour, but no, his live shows don’t really fit with what the Legend slot is about I’d say 

Add a few glitter cannons when he runs out and slams into Like A Rolling Stone and you'll soon see if Bob can't make a crowd of 150k people go Taps Aff

2 hours ago, Superscally said:

No, Jeff Lynne's ELO did. Not a band anymore. Just Jeff Lynne and backing. 

Was that Sufjan thing for me? If so, I'm confused at the link? 😄

Haha, perhaps me clutching at straws in a bid to manifest Toto playing next year, I made a major f**k up and put Sufjan Stevens down instead of Cat Stevens.

My point is that "Jeff Lynne's" ELO, who had a full band with them when they performed back in 2016, and Cat Stevens, who also had a band with him, can both play, then I don't see it as a stretch that Toto could do it. I mean, ELO are bits of prog rock, art rock, pop, and Cat Stevens is a bit of folk, bit rock, bit funky, I don't see why Toto couldn't do it either.

• Upvote 1

I generally think Bob Dylan is the worst live act ive ever seen-   Sadly the time on which he can perform a live show has long passed - I think for everyone who has seen him play in recent years - it would be probably a very bad booking - and a bit of a disappointment I hope they look elswhere

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Haha, perhaps me clutching at straws in a bid to manifest Toto playing next year, I made a major f**k up and put Sufjan Stevens down instead of Cat Stevens.

My point is that "Jeff Lynne's" ELO, who had a full band with them when they performed back in 2016, and Cat Stevens, who also had a band with him, can both play, then I don't see it as a stretch that Toto could do it. I mean, ELO are bits of prog rock, art rock, pop, and Cat Stevens is a bit of folk, bit rock, bit funky, I don't see why Toto couldn't do it either.

Everyone has had a band right? You're definitely reaching, but I wouldn't be sad if they played. Not sure about legend though, they could nail the ZZ Top slot. f**k it. Get ZZ Top back too.

10 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I generally think Bob Dylan is the worst live act ive ever seen-   Sadly the time on which he can perform a live show has long passed - I think for everyone who has seen him play in recent years - it would be probably a very bad booking - and a bit of a disappointment I hope they look elswhere

Oh no. I've just forked out £££ to see him in Edinburgh. Should I not have done that?

33 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Oh no. I've just forked out £££ to see him in Edinburgh. Should I not have done that?

I guess it depends if you can adjust your. expectations to be at the  this guy is in his mid eighties and struggles to do a lot of the things he does as well as he used to level.  There will be some footage on youtube of recent gigs im sure - maybe take a look and see if you think that will ruin the experience for you.  

11 hours ago, Mardy said:

Bobby D doing the legend slot would be f**king delightful. Lets see a flashmob organise a sychronised dance to that.

Don't tempt them.  You'd have a row of security in front of the stage trying to do the Subterranean Homesick Blues thing with bits of cardboard

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I guess it depends if you can adjust your. expectations to be at the  this guy is in his mid eighties and struggles to do a lot of the things he does as well as he used to level.  There will be some footage on youtube of recent gigs im sure - maybe take a look and see if you think that will ruin the experience for you.  

Surely everyone who books to see Dylan these days knows what they're getting? He's been doing gigs where he is clearly just doing what the hell he likes and the songs are barely recognisable for at least 10 years, probably a fair bit longer.

I know people who love it.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

Surely everyone who books to see Dylan these days knows what they're getting? He's been doing gigs where he is clearly just doing what the hell he likes and the songs are barely recognisable for at least 10 years, probably a fair bit longer.

Never actually seen him first hand, but he had that reputation even in the 90s..

One of my favourite things ever was seeing people at a Dylan gig holding up their phones to try and use Shazam to identify the song he was playing. Brother, the technology for that ain't here yet, and I doubt it ever will be.

6 minutes ago, Mardy said:

One of my favourite things ever was seeing people at a Dylan gig holding up their phones to try and use Shazam to identify the song he was playing. Brother, the technology for that ain't here yet, and I doubt it ever will be.

That made me properly chuckle