Scissors

Glasto96

Went on the Sunday from about 1.30am until close and it was brilliant. Queued for probably around an hour to get in. Were there bad queues to get in all weekend or were the people on the door being picky? They did give us (4 completely untrendy lads in their early 30s) a bit of a speech going in about what wouldn't be accepted inside, which I didn't see them give to anyone else - didn't take offence, just wanted to dance and enjoyed the music that we could hear! 

Absolute vibes. Went in on Friday around 12.30am no trouble, little bit of a queue but nothing longer than 30 mins. Lasted until 6am – was very f**king fun. Gave up on Saturday night after Beth Ditto showed up for her TBA set about an hour early and no one left the venue. Queue came to a standstill. 

9 minutes ago, LeFreak said:

Went on the Sunday from about 1.30am until close and it was brilliant. Queued for probably around an hour to get in. Were there bad queues to get in all weekend or were the people on the door being picky? They did give us (4 completely untrendy lads in their early 30s) a bit of a speech going in about what wouldn't be accepted inside, which I didn't see them give to anyone else - didn't take offence, just wanted to dance and enjoyed the music that we could hear! 

It was hard to understand what was going on with this. There was absolutely an attempt to get more LGBTQ+ people into the venue which I respect, but at times it felt like there were two queues but it was never really distinguished or made clear that this was the system. My wife and I got asked "are you comfortable entering a queer space" but never felt like it was a barrier to entry. 

Edited by LinvoyPrimus

42 minutes ago, Glasto96 said:

I think the person on the door didn’t like the look of us because of how we was dressed maybe and that we wasn’t the right crowd for inside. 

See I don't think this fair. You've queued for ages, so straight or not, you clearly want to be there. 

Edited by LinvoyPrimus