Fitness for Glastonbury 2025

gigpusher

18 minutes ago, LoraMaze said:

I found any standing concerts to be a nightmare in my 20s, my lower back would immediately start complaining and I’d have to keep bending forward to counteract it. I’m now in my 30s and don’t seem to have that issue anymore because I make sure I do core exercises every day as a bare minimum! It definitely helps! 

I'll keep at it then! I had to do the bending forward thing and my girlfriend said it looked like I was trying to do a big pump

After training for a swim safari holiday this year and starting running 2-3x a week (plus existing weight training I already did) I went this year the fittest I've ever been. Man, did it pay off. Couple of hip niggles but nothing else to write home about. 

Re feet, I swear by new balance trainers half a size up from usual with Scholl gel activ insoles added. I did 260,000 steps and the only foot pain to really speak of was the blisters. Did have a bit of swelling on Mon but that's gone now. 

Back in the pool this evening and haven't lost any pace despite having a general viral illness. Feeling really chuffed. Next goal is to be a bit lighter next year. 

1 hour ago, LoraMaze said:

I found any standing concerts to be a nightmare in my 20s, my lower back would immediately start complaining and I’d have to keep bending forward to counteract it. I’m now in my 30s and don’t seem to have that issue anymore because I make sure I do core exercises every day as a bare minimum! It definitely helps! 

What kind of core exercises do you do? I was struggling a bit with lower back pain.

Also saw a few acts who got the crowd to get low, and found I can get down ok but I'm never getting back up again 🤣 Think I need to work on that for next year 

17 minutes ago, Simsy said:

What kind of core exercises do you do? I was struggling a bit with lower back pain.

Also saw a few acts who got the crowd to get low, and found I can get down ok but I'm never getting back up again 🤣 Think I need to work on that for next year 

I basically do as many variations on planks as possible, and throw in a few Pilates like of movements too. As long as I do at least 5 mins a day I’ve found a lot of my back troubles have been solved! 

• Upvote 1