Campervan fields , how was your pitch?

Woody-Club UK

We arrived around 2pm Wednesday and got placed in E25 near the rental caravans and it was perfect. 
2 of us in a caravan with awning and another 3 in a campervan and we had plenty of room. 
Neighbours were nice but they almost always are at Glasto and we had the benefit of a row of clean portaloos,  better imo than starting your day at the long drops. 
Took about 20 minutes to traipse back from the Astrolabe which was a great improvement on last year when we were at the back of E15. 
Bloody noisy on the Wednesday and Thursday nights though!  It sounded like a bar in one of the glamping sites like Festibell but we never worked out exactly where?

Only gripes were the traffic/crowd management, the blinding light as you came down the hill of doom squinting like a newly freed Chilean miner ( which was left running all day!) and the queues in and out, just how many times do we need our wristbands checked🙄

We stayed Monday night as usual because we’d had a long Sunday night in Block9 then up to the Stone circle for a chill. 
Took a long walk round all the campervan fields Monday evening and that’s probably the cleanest I’ve ever seen it , no abandoned caravans except in E21 the Eavis family and friends fields!  We counted 3 and way more rubbish than in the rest of the fields!!

Did anyone get issued with recycling bags as they came into the campervan fields?
We haven’t got any for the last 2 years?
Brought our own but they were clear and not the green ones they asked for but hopefully they’ll see it’s all recycling?

We also seemed to be the only stragglers staying Monday, normally there’s at least half a dozen of us scattered around. 
Left on Tuesday morning in a convoy with the crew but it took us an hour and a half to clear the blue route as they let it revert to 2 way traffic which would be fine on a normal day but can you imagine articulated trucks passing in those lanes! It was bedlam!

I hope you all had good pitches and not too long a walk.

What a fantastic weekend again😀

Woody❤️

We arrived Tuesday afternoon to virtually no queues and directed straight into E17, right at the back next to the fence.

We ended up at one of the furthest points from PGC, it was helluva walk and stopped us from nipping back to the van.

No idea why we were directed there, we arrive roughly same time each year and usually end up in E24/E25 as you did.

I think the noise you could hear was from Camp Kerala. It annoys the hell out of me, beige 80s pop music drowning out the sound of the festival. Nice easy walk to the gate though...

We left 4.00pm on Monday, lots of vans still on site, last year we woke up to an almost empty field.

It seems that some van owners are stretching the trip for more than a week, makes sense, particularly if you've travelled a long way...

First time in campervan fields. I was in East Quiet in E19. Was an absolute breeze arriving and leaving.
Loved coming out to the Theatre and Circus area each morning and right by the Glastonbury Print to pick up a copy of the paper.

Only gripe was that the bigger groups take over and think they own the area. One put a tent in the pathway which it made it difficult to get out when leaving. 

1 hour ago, Nice hymer said:

We arrived Tuesday afternoon to virtually no queues and directed straight into E17, right at the back next to the fence.

We ended up at one of the furthest points from PGC, it was helluva walk and stopped us from nipping back to the van.

No idea why we were directed there, we arrive roughly same time each year and usually end up in E24/E25 as you did.

I think the noise you could hear was from Camp Kerala. It annoys the hell out of me, beige 80s pop music drowning out the sound of the festival. Nice easy walk to the gate though...

We left 4.00pm on Monday, lots of vans still on site, last year we woke up to an almost empty field.

It seems that some van owners are stretching the trip for more than a week, makes sense, particularly if you've travelled a long way...

E24/25 are quiet campervan fields, E17 is regular, did you have a quiet ticket? If so I would have argued for a better spot. It was pretty clear to me they were filling the fields earlier than last time I went (2022) last time we got on site around 10.30 a.m. Tuesday, this time we got on at 8 a.m. and ended up in almost the exact same spot in E20, looks like people are getting there earlier and earlier.

26 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

E24/25 are quiet campervan fields, E17 is regular, did you have a quiet ticket? If so I would have argued for a better spot. It was pretty clear to me they were filling the fields earlier than last time I went (2022) last time we got on site around 10.30 a.m. Tuesday, this time we got on at 8 a.m. and ended up in almost the exact same spot in E20, looks like people are getting there earlier and earlier.

I think you're right about more people arriving earlier and thought that might be the case. As a local, it's noticeable how many people are occupying the local 'wildcamp' spots in the days before the festival, ready to hit the gates at opening time.

As for tickets, I didn't know that E24/25 are quiet camping. We've had regular CV East when staying there in recent years, just lucky I guess. When we've had quiet tickets, we've invariably ended up in E19 (which is the perfect spot I think).

16 minutes ago, Nice hymer said:

I think you're right about more people arriving earlier and thought that might be the case. As a local, it's noticeable how many people are occupying the local 'wildcamp' spots in the days before the festival, ready to hit the gates at opening time.

As for tickets, I didn't know that E24/25 are quiet camping. We've had regular CV East when staying there in recent years, just lucky I guess. When we've had quiet tickets, we've invariably ended up in E19 (which is the perfect spot I think).

Which is officially 12 noon, but they clearly let you on from early in the morning, last time we got on around 10.30 and the field (E20) was half full, this time 8 a.m. and again half full, they must have been open from 6 a.m. I'm guessing. So much for,

"First entry is from 12:00 hours Tuesday 25th June until 14:00 hours Sunday 30th June. There will be NO access to the campervan fields prior to noon, Tuesday 25th June."

2 hours ago, Superscally said:

Think it took the piss that despite paying 200 they never put any toilet paper in the toilets and couldn't be arsed filling the sanitiser up after Friday...

Was always sanitiser when we went but no paper even first day, had to argue with the steward to get enough space for the awning on arrival, was well within the 8 x 7 meter pitch but he only wanted to give us about 5 m width other than that all was good.

2 hours ago, Superscally said:

Think it took the piss that despite paying 200 they never put any toilet paper in the toilets and couldn't be arsed filling the sanitiser up after Friday...

I think there was something of a loo roll shortage - oxfield never had any all weekend, and they typically have loads. The lockups didn’t have their usual massive pyramid of loo rolls at the front, either. 

E20 at 8.15am Tues morning, far right hand corner up against the hedge. Perfect spot and great field, distance wise from PGC, if you can get it.

As festivals go, we had no probs with sanitiser, taps or loos. We always take our own paper so find it strange anyone wouldn't be taking their own paper on a loo visit.

I'm intrigued about the campervan fields. If I get a ticket and rock up with my (small) Eriba caravan on Thursday evening will I get a spot?  I'm short on time (kid in primary school) so want to bunk him off for the shortest time possible but worried about turning up that late and finding nowhere to pitch the van.   

13 minutes ago, LowerMead said:

I'm intrigued about the campervan fields. If I get a ticket and rock up with my (small) Eriba caravan on Thursday evening will I get a spot?  I'm short on time (kid in primary school) so want to bunk him off for the shortest time possible but worried about turning up that late and finding nowhere to pitch the van.   

You'll definitely have a pitch space reserved for you if you purchase a cv ticket. But obviously your time of arrival will depend on what field you'll be placed in. This doesn't necessarily mean you'll be in one miles away, you might be put in a nearer field if a space has become available.

46 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I think there was something of a loo roll shortage - oxfield never had any all weekend, and they typically have loads. The lockups didn’t have their usual massive pyramid of loo rolls at the front, either. 

I did get one from a lockup on Friday and I think I saw a few folks with them.

I was in E25 and was lucky enough to see a handful of others from here there.  Everything was great, but I wouldn't want to stay too late Monday after they seemingly stop emptying the loos!  (as per usual as I recall)

17 minutes ago, LowerMead said:

You will get whatever spot is allocated but if you arrive later it may be a benefit as the fields are filled in order as shown here, so you could end up in E14 or 25 which are better than some further out.

campervan fields order of filling.jpg

3 hours ago, Superscally said:

I've been staying in the CV fields since 2010 and never known there to be loo paper bar maybe some when the portaloos are first delivered. It's available from the lock ups if you need some though. Likewise never known loo paper to be provided on site since I first went in 1998. I always carry some in my pocket for these reasons.

Edited by Johnnyseven

36 minutes ago, Cooter said:

E20 at 8.15am Tues morning, far right hand corner up against the hedge. Perfect spot and great field, distance wise from PGC, if you can get it.

As festivals go, we had no probs with sanitiser, taps or loos. We always take our own paper so find it strange anyone wouldn't be taking their own paper on a loo visit.

When there are toilets in a campsite...that you've paid over the top for, it's not unreasonable to expect them to have toilet roll. 

5 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

I've been staying in the CV fields since 2010 and never known there to be loo paper bar maybe some when the portaloos are first delivered. It's available from the lock ups if you need some though. Likewise never known loo paper to be provided on site since I first went in 1998. I always carry some in my pocket for these reasons.

There was festival before last when I was last in van. Replenished every day.

36 minutes ago, LowerMead said:

If you have a ticket, they'll get you in, but you may be far away. Similarly you could bizarrely get super close as they scrape for space... Incidentally those Eribas are cute. I've always wanted one, but worried I'd gurn hard towing one.

12 hours ago, Woody-Club UK said:

Took a long walk round all the campervan fields Monday evening and that’s probably the cleanest I’ve ever seen it , no abandoned caravans except in E21 the Eavis family and friends fields!  We counted 3 and way more rubbish than in the rest of the fields!!

Did anyone get issued with recycling bags as they came into the campervan fields?
We haven’t got any for the last 2 years?

We left E21 around 3pm and were the last to leave the Accessible area in there (fenced off area with white marquee where it joins E20). I thought there were a few abandoned caravans too including one near us that was eventually collected about midday.They could also have been staff who had driven to their work area. 

The recycling bags for the campervan fields can always be found at the bottom of the hill in a dispenser in front of the recycling and refuse point after the portaloos.  😊

• Upvote 1